• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pinky has a poorly eye

He’s back on doxycare antibiotics, antibiotic eye drops, loxicom, eye gel to keep it hydrated and a thicker eye gel overnight.

Plus his potassium citrate to stop bladder stones and critical and ProC because he’s on the antibiotics.

Hiya got a very thick creamy discharge now. She said she’s 99% sure it’s chlamydia. But we haven’t tested for it. There’s no point as it will be the same treatment.

She said he could be prone to flare ups like this every so often.

£100 this time. She’s very good though.

Booked in again for next Wednesday for a check up.
 
It's not the first I've heard of chlamydia related to the eyes in guinea pigs, so I can believe it well enough. If it is that, not that it's better than allergies bur at least you're not stuck trying to find the trigger when he has an episode of it.
 
It's not the first I've heard of chlamydia related to the eyes in guinea pigs, so I can believe it well enough. If it is that, not that it's better than allergies bur at least you're not stuck trying to find the trigger when he has an episode of it.
Very true 👍🏻
 
My late Muffin suffered from clamydia. He was on eye medication for a few weeks. I would have to look up for how long it was, if you are interested.
But his symptoms weren't as bad as Pinky's.
That would be great if it’s not too much trouble. It’s always good to hear other peoples experiences ❤️
 
I hope Pinky's infection clears up quickly. Wishing you support for all the medication 🥰🙏❤️
 
I really hope lovely Pinky will get better quickly 🥰
You’re doing an among job nurse guinea pig ❤️
 
Back
Top