• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pinky has a poorly eye

I would definitely ask for pain medication.

Sometimes eye drops can lead to sneezing or a runny nose but the eye sure doesn't look like your usual hay poke.
 
I would definitely ask for pain medication.

Sometimes eye drops can lead to sneezing or a runny nose but the eye sure doesn't look like your usual hay poke.
That’s what I thought. I’ve only had I piggy have a hay poke and it was nowhere near this bad. She did say yesterday they may need to give him a little gas to see if anything is in there. 😢

I’m stressing a bit as I’ve lost a very young piggy before to a bacterial infection that the vets didn’t diagnose until it was too late. It took hold so quickly. (RIP Pippin. ❤️)
 
The vet is very worried about his eye. I have another appointment at 9am tomorrow morning with the new exotics vet.

I now have painkillers and eye gel. I have strict instructions to put in the gel every two hours from now until 9 am! There is a very real chance Pinky could lose his eye. 😭

His lungs and heart are fine.

I know he will be fine with only one eye but it’s still very sad. I hope it doesn’t come to that. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
 
I hope that Pinky's eye will be okay but if it comes to the worst, he will manage with just one eye.
But of course all fingers and paws are crossed that everything will turn out fine.
 
I now have painkillers and eye gel. I have strict instructions to put in the gel every two hours from now until 9 am! There is a very real chance Pinky could lose his eye. 😭
Poor Pinky I hope he doesn't lose his eye. It's gonna be a long night for everyone. Have a hug.:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
 
Thinking of you and sweet Pinky
I’m so sad that you’re both going thru this
You’re such a lovely devoted piggy mumma that we know lovely Pinky is in the best hands 🥰
I hope it can be sorted asap
Keep strong you will both get thru this ❤️
Aw. Thank you 😘
 
Wednesday morning (after 2 hourly eye gel overnight)

IMG_5718.webp

He’s been such a good boy. He’s definitely acting better with the pain meds and eye lubricating gel.

It’s always difficult to medicate a new piggy as they don’t really trust you yet. But he’s been an angel.

Here is his good side lol. And I’m wearing my piggy pjs 😀

IMG_5722.webp


Vets at 9. 🤞🏻
 
Ah what a sweet boy he is ❤️
He understands you’re helping him
I really hope it goes well at the Vets
I’m sure you must be super tired @weepweeps 🥰
We’re all supporting you and the little one ❤️
 
There was a lot to take in.

She mentioned chylamidia, abscess, protruding eye, glaucoma and he’s not able to close his eye at the moment.

He has no temperature, lungs and heart ok. Eye pressure was not conclusive as the reader was playing up.

He’s now on antibiotics (doxycare) and she’s upped his pain meds. He has a new eye drop that forms a framework over his eye (stromese) because she said his lens may have slipped. There doesn’t seem to be a massive ulcer now. She wants to use a strong antibiotic eye drop but can’t use it until the ulcer has healed. There is a lot of swelling and she’s recommended two new meds to get online. One is a better lubricant.

So the plan is go back Saturday morning to assess again and start the extra eye drops once the ulcer has gone.
 
Back
Top