• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Post dental Duke needs your good wishes!

Yes, my Ted is Mr Chubby at the moment at 1354 gms this morning! I don’t mind as he can soon loose it if his teeth start playing up, he’s better fat than thin 😆

Sending love to little Duke, hang in there till Friday, keep eating you gorgeous boy x

The wrong diet is definitely the likely cause. It's very positive that he's interested in trying to eat, so that puts him in really good stead for Friday.

Have you tried leaving him with some softened nuggets and a bowl or dry porridge oats? Most of the dental pigs at TEAS love them!

Keep up the good work ladies!

Poor Duke isn't doing very well :( He's lost more weight and is quite pale today. He's dribbling like a waterfall and is uncomfortable despite his metacam :(
We'll ring the cat and rabbit clinic in the morning to try and get him in earlier but is there anything else we can do? He's just about managing his critical care xx

My boys who are siblings have had exactly the same diet and are out on grass most days and bedded on very deep hay, I buy it by the bale. Ted has a dental problem, Bill is fine. Ted has a spike on a pre-molar, Simon thinks it’s an extra peg tooth or were the pre-molar has split on one corner. Once Ted had a problem with feeding I noticed this intake of hay decreased pretty quick. The first OP with GA made him far worse than before the OP, vet did a poor job and just cut his incisors down so short they didn’t even meet for a month. Luckily you guys directed me to Simon, and he is fine now, in fact never stops eating his hay! We take him for a check up around 3 - 4 months and Simon files down this strange little spike.

I would recommend him to anyone with piggies having dental problems, it’s so worth the journey no matter how far away you live.

Poor Duke isn't doing very well :( He's lost more weight and is quite pale today. He's dribbling like a waterfall and is uncomfortable despite his metacam :(
We'll ring the cat and rabbit clinic in the morning to try and get him in earlier but is there anything else we can do? He's just about managing his critical care xx
Hope you can get him in sooner rather than Friday, poor boy x

Today this handsome little dude Duke aka Duck had dental work on his molars! Poor chap had no hay before he got here and his molars had bridged, trapping his tongue. How he was holding a steady weight and eating so well is a mystery!

Poor guy is a bit dazed and wobbly thanks to his super strong painkiller but he's had some critical care and seems hungry for it. All his veg is cut into tiny pieces and he managed to pick up a piece of lettuce and eat it by himself! I've even crushed his nuggets for him 😁 He's had a drink from his bottle too.

He was quite happy to waddle about the house rumble strutting at the neighbours aka Eric and Miley, scent marking everywhere and headbutting me out of his way 😂

Please send him all your well wishes and get well soon prayers ❤️ The sleepy boar in question!
View attachment 103808
Awh, get well soon Duke. Wee soul!

Back