• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Questions re Squeaks' neutering

The vet just phoned, the surgery has gone well, they are going treat him also with a therapeutic laser which is to promote healing. I need to call back in an hour or two to see when to pick him up. Crossing fingers etc for a swift recovery from the anaesthetic. 🙏🤞
Glad everything went well! Theo sends his love and says he hopes Squeaks recovers as quickly as he did :)

Glad all has gone well. Hope he is soon bouncing around again. Melody sends love. She had her incisors removed this week (Tuesday) and today she is feeling very much better.

Glad to hear Squeaks is doing well. Ginger says the Metacam tasted great and in a few weeks you will get to meet a lovely lady piggy (hopefully not as bossy as Dora though). xx

Glad all has gone well.
You’ll be glad to get him home I’m sure.
Hope the healing goes smoothly

Thanks everyone! I collected Squeaks at 7:15pm, they told me he had been eating and done some wees and poos in the hospital so they were happy with his progress. He is eating hay and veggies, albeit not as greedily as usual, and I've seen him do a wee though I've only seen one poop on his fleece (but there may be more in the hay tray of course). He's moving around in a normal manner, but still a bit 'subdued' as they put it. I shall of course be keeping a close eye on him tomorrow. They gave me very strict instructions to keep his bedding etc scrupulously clean to try to prevent infection :rtm:.
First post-op checkup, plus another laser treatment session, is Monday. Only 6 weeks to go before he can meet a lady pig or two! (No pain, no gain!)

Glad everything went well. You'll prob have the stink eye from squeaks for a day or two with a look of "what have you done to me" but they do forgive :))

Glad everything went well. You'll prob have the stink eye from squeaks for a day or two with a look of "what have you done to me" but they do forgive :))
He certainly seemed even more keen to get away from me this morning! He doesn't like being held anyway, so I had a bit of a job getting the medication into him, but I think it all went in in the end. I couldn't get a good look at the wound, but I'll get my husband to help me by holding him this evening. At least there was a good quantity of poops around the cage, and he is moving and eating more normally. :nod:
Please keep the healing vibes coming folks! :cool:

He certainly seemed even more keen to get away from me this morning! He doesn't like being held anyway, so I had a bit of a job getting the medication into him, but I think it all went in in the end. I couldn't get a good look at the wound, but I'll get my husband to help me by holding him this evening. At least there was a good quantity of poops around the cage, and he is moving and eating more normally. :nod:
Please keep the healing vibes coming folks! :cool:
Probably a good sign if he wont sit still, Theo took his meds very nicely the morning after the op when he was a bit sore and sleepy, very reluctantly the following day, then 3 days post op he was so wriggly I had to squirt the meds on his cucumber and hope for the best! Healing vibes Squeaks, just think of the ladies you'll meet in the future (but not too much in case you strain your stitches :) )

Very true! I hope I can manage to get the meds into him tomorrow. Hope the arrival of lady pigs in6 weeks makes up for the present discomfort. He does need the companionship I think, he is spending most of his time now buried in the hay tray, not very active, so I'm thinking he is a bit bored. Roll on August 24th! :love:

I had a quick inspection of Squeaks' operation site this evening while my husband held him for me. The incisions were difficult to see, I hope that's because they are really neat and not simply because he has black skin. (The vet nurse told me the stitches are internal ).
I took a photo of his nether regions, though I don't know if it's good enough to show the incisions.
IMG_20180714_215213342.jpg
It will also help me remember what it is like today when I check it tomorrow and after.
I think he has lost a little weight +/-20g since yesterday evening, wondering if I should start syringe feeding him or give him Fibreplex as he is on Baytril? He is eating veg and hay and there have been plenty of poops and wees, mostly in his hay tray.

Back