• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Reaction To Antibiotics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishymoth

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's been 3 days since Chamomiles been taking antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. I gave them 2x a day and then about an hour later I'd give her a probiotic and have even given her some 'poop soup' as well. This morning I woke up and she was making weird sounds, something similar to a sneeze or like she was trying to throw something up? I hurried over to check on her but she stopped making the sounds. So far I've seen her drink some water, haven't observed her eating yet but it's only been a few minutes. Nothing else seemed out of order but those sounds have me worried, does anyone know what they might mean?

It's been 3 days since Chamomiles been taking antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. I gave them 2x a day and then about an hour later I'd give her a probiotic and have even given her some 'poop soup' as well. This morning I woke up and she was making weird sounds, something similar to a sneeze or like she was trying to throw something up? I hurried over to check on her but she stopped making the sounds. So far I've seen her drink some water, haven't observed her eating yet but it's only been a few minutes. Nothing else seemed out of order but those sounds have me worried, does anyone know what they might mean?
It sounds as if she might have been choking on something in her throat a bit of stalky hay perhaps, just keep a close eye on her and make sure she is eating ok. I doubt its related to the antibiotics

She could have eaten too fast or had heaving hiccups, sounds very similar to a cat or dog trying to vomit. My sow used to get this if she had any fruit.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back