• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bean_piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, I've been trying to bond more with my guinea pigs by reading to them in a soft smooth voice to not scare them during playtime, they seem to be interested and look like they're listening to me while they eat their veggies but I just wanted to know if this is a good idea and if I should continue to read to them to get them to bond with me more and if there's any other bonding activities I could with them?

We sing to our piggies a lot, silly songs in a happy voice to tell them what we are doing- we just sing any old song and randomly substitute words to make them about piggies :)
My Chatanooga Choo Choo cage cleaning remix "pardon me pigs, is this the poopy poopy scoop scoop" is always popular (probably because I sing it after a glass of wine or three and they know they can persuade me to get them some extra bonus veg!)

We sing to our piggies a lot, silly songs in a happy voice to tell them what we are doing- we just sing any old song and randomly substitute words to make them about piggies :)
My Chatanooga Choo Choo cage cleaning remix "pardon me pigs, is this the poopy poopy scoop scoop" is always popular (probably because I sing it after a glass of wine or three and they know they can persuade me to get them some extra bonus veg!)
How about your famous Piggy wig wig song? to the tune of Blue Peter?

1642199183421.png

How about your famous Piggy wig wig song? to the tune of Blue Peter?

View attachment 194081
Piggy wig wig wig, piggy wiggy piggy wiggy piggy wig pig pig... the piggy hornpipe! Not sung that in a while, I must send piggy daddy to fetch prosecco and coriander then we can play that game this evening, where I sing the song and go from one end of the cage to the other with a bunch of herbs and the piggies follow me up and down dancing on their hind legs :)

Sometimes I think I talk too much, and then guinea pigs are involved and suddenly being born with the gift of the gab is no bad thing. Last time round I'd just talk. And talk. And talk. Never in a different voice although keeping it as calm as possible, just like "Hey, I've got your dinner. It's here if you want to come get it. Ah, I know, it's scary, but it'll be here." Obviously the first (many) times it's not going to make much difference, but they did come round to the idea.

Awh that's absolutely adorable!

Back