• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Really Ill Pregant Skinny Pig! Help!

Bugz

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My skinny pig called piggy is going through her first pregnancy and now she looks really ill. I'm young so i cant travel anywhere at nearly 1am to get help I'm just begging for some advice.
(Piggy) is acting very wierd like shes naturally warm and now shes cold and squinting her eyes and when shes in her home shes faceing in the corner and ive been feeding her everything the same but shes now looking very skinny tonight.
I'm so worried for her shes my little pig: (

Thank you all so much in advance i really really appreciate it :)

Unfortunately no one on the forum will be able to help. Your piggy needs a vet asap. Do you have any friends/family you can call on?

My skinny pig called piggy is going through her first pregnancy and now she looks really ill. I'm young so i cant travel anywhere at nearly 1am to get help I'm just begging for some advice.
(Piggy) is acting very wierd like shes naturally warm and now shes cold and squinting her eyes and when shes in her home shes faceing in the corner and ive been feeding her everything the same but shes now looking very skinny tonight.
I'm so worried for her shes my little pig: (

Thank you all so much in advance i really really appreciate it :)

Please have her seen by a vet as an emergency as soon as possible. If she is looking skinny, she will have been already sick for a bit longer and slowed down/stopped eating some days ago.
Please weigh and health check your piggies once weekly and switch to weighing and topping up with syringe feed asap if you have concerns in order to prevent the guts from going into stasis and the organs to close down. Check on your pregnant sows daily or at least every second day as she is at an increased risk with her little body working overtime.
See a vet promptly before it is too late. Your girl being cold is unfortunately a sign that she has likely gone into organ failure already.
Complete Syringe Feeding Guide

Please also note that we are a strictly non-breeding/non-showing forum for exactly the reason that you are currently experiencing - one quarter to a fifth of pregnancies and births go wrong even with the best of care and nutrition, and end with the death of pups and/or mums. :(

Fingers VERY firmly crossed!

I'm very sorry to hear you little pig is so unwell and whether her breeding was on purpose or accidental is irrelevant now. What really matters is that she gets some medical attention from a vet asap. I truly hope you manage to get her to a vet or have a family member who can take you there.

As the others have mentioned this forum does not condone breeding mostly due to the fact it puts such a huge strain on such a tiny creatures body and even with the best care and attention can still be fatal if problems arise.

Hello everyone I'm so sorry i havent replied back my poor little piggy died about an hour later ive just been crying because i couldnt do anything in that period of time ive just not been thinking straight and not been wanting to do anything as its made me down so ive only just seen these replies. I'm so sorry everyone that i couldnt keep her alive and got somewhere in that space of time. </3 :'(

Oh you poor thing it sounds as if there would have been nothing that a vet could have done as it was all over so quickly. Once a guinea pig looks ill it is usually quite bad as they try to hide illness.

Rest in peace Piggy.

so sorry... but also the best vet could have done nothing for your piggie...
For the future my advice is not getting a delicate pet like a guinea pig considering that you cannot be responsible of emergency situations. It si far better living pet free if we must live sad situations like the one you have lived...
When I was a teenager my Nan's cat was left at her destiny because in my parents' opinion a vet was not an option. I suffered a lot and I hated my parents and relatives for ages. I am still thinking of that female cat (who was MY cat of course...)

Back