• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Respiratory infection or allergies?

PigMummyEm

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! So my Guinea pig Fudge has been sneezing and rubbing her nose a lot for the past few weeks. Sometimes when she sniffs at something it sounds kinda wheezy, but generally her breathing sounds fine. She gets clear runny snot when she sneezes nothing else. She’s still eating and active. She’s about 4-5 years old. Her sister is in the same cage but absolutely fine.
(You can see in the video I attached she’s rubbed away a tiny bit of fur on her nose :( )

This is her you can see she’s rubbed away a tiny bit of fur :(

Attachments

• 3902F14B-F041-4D6C-B350-77D1812E3ADD.png
    3902F14B-F041-4D6C-B350-77D1812E3ADD.png
    459.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi! So my Guinea pig Fudge has been sneezing and rubbing her nose a lot for the past few weeks. Sometimes when she sniffs at something it sounds kinda wheezy, but generally her breathing sounds fine. She gets clear runny snot when she sneezes nothing else. She’s still eating and active. She’s about 4-5 years old. Her sister is in the same cage but absolutely fine.
(You can see in the video I attached she’s rubbed away a tiny bit of fur on her nose :( )

Hi and welcome

Please see a vet. You have to always eliminate any potential URI risk (fatality or long term damage) before you can pursue allergies and environmental factors such as hay dust, bedding, pollen, air fresheners/perfumed skin products/scent sticks, air conditioning or radiators.

Hi and welcome

Please see a vet. You have to always eliminate any potential URI risk (fatality or long term damage) before you can pursue allergies and environmental factors such as hay dust, bedding, pollen, air fresheners/perfumed skin products/scent sticks, air conditioning or radiators.
Ok thankyou.

I agree with Wiebke about having him vet checked.

My boar started hooting and sneezing a couple of years ago. We took him to the vets immediatley who checked him over. Thankfully he was fine and it turned out the wood shavings we were using at the time didn’t suit him. He’s been perfectly fine since we swapped brands

Back