• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rose Hip Oil & Neem Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella123

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if the following oils can be used on guinea pigs for dry skin?

Neem oil

Rose hip oil

Other then dry skin (if I can use these oils) what other skin issues can the above oils treat?

Thanks

Neem oil is safe on guinea pigs and if you search online you can find a lot of pages about its use. Also in "Peter Gurney guinea pigs health guide". He says (talking of parasites): "One of the best treatments for this is Neem oil, at a dilution rate of four parts of carrier oil to one part of Neem oil. In Asia this is used as a insecticide against the malaria fly. In case the word insecticide alarms readers let me hasten to add that it is also used to flavour food, hence it’s safety for use upon guinea pigs. To underscore the food flavouring side of things, there is a side effect, your guinea pig will smell like a Chinese takeaway dish when you massage the oil in!." :))
Try to make a simple research on Google, I see there are a lot of info about the use of these oils and don't expect a vet or a doctor is an expert of holistic and herbal treatments. This is another subject.
(the old pig I owned long ago totally recovered from an eye infection washing it with plantain boiled in water; plantain has strong antibacterical properties, but the vet showed interest in this remedy only after seeing my piggie's recovery - without any drug as he prescribed- ).
Have a good study online and let us know the results!:)

Neem oil is safe on guinea pigs and if you search online you can find a lot of pages about its use. Also in "Peter Gurney guinea pigs health guide". He says (talking of parasites): "One of the best treatments for this is Neem oil, at a dilution rate of four parts of carrier oil to one part of Neem oil. In Asia this is used as a insecticide against the malaria fly. In case the word insecticide alarms readers let me hasten to add that it is also used to flavour food, hence it’s safety for use upon guinea pigs. To underscore the food flavouring side of things, there is a side effect, your guinea pig will smell like a Chinese takeaway dish when you massage the oil in!." :))
Try to make a simple research on Google, I see there are a lot of info about the use of these oils and don't expect a vet or a doctor is an expert of holistic and herbal treatments. This is another subject.
(the old pig I owned long ago totally recovered from an eye infection washing it with plantain boiled in water; plantain has strong antibacterical properties, but the vet showed interest in this remedy only after seeing my piggie's recovery - without any drug as he prescribed- ).
Have a good study online and let us know the results!:)

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back