• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ruby - Traumatising Small Children Since 2016

That's so sweet, poor little girl i would have been in tears if that was me :eek:
Ruby has her followers by the sounds of things :nod:

That double chooken is just adorable though :luv::wub:
Ruby yo have a wicked sense of humour.... but because you're so gosh darn cute i think you''ll get away with it :whistle:

That's so sweet, poor little girl i would have been in tears if that was me :eek:
Ruby has her followers by the sounds of things :nod:

That double chooken is just adorable though :luv::wub:
Ruby yo have a wicked sense of humour.... but because you're so gosh darn cute i think you''ll get away with it :whistle:
Piggies get away with anything, all they have to do is yawn, or beg, or squint their eyes, or just exist really:D

Oh Ruby you ickle monkey :whistle:
Poor little munchkin she did the right thing telling you.
I'm so glad Miss Double Choooooooken leggies/Miss Pancake aka Ruby responded to the doctoring sounds of a rustling bag :))

I know this is really old, but hilarious!
There was actually a slight end note to this story.
Just like a game of Chinese Whispers, what actually happened (as relayed by our visiting child) was slightly different to how I remember it.
After I miraculously 'revived' Ruby, she went back upstairs and told the other kids how Ruby looked dead, but had been bought back to life by a rustling bag and piece of lettuce.
A day or two later DD2 came home from school, and lay down on the living room floor.
I asked if she was ok, and she said 'No, I'm dead, but you could probably bring me back to life with a biscuit'.
Such a sweet, sensitive child :roll:

Ahh, guinea pigs - the perfect pet for children (and their responsible parent of course).

We have a pretty constant stream of children through our house, and most of them adore the guinea pigs.

Today was no exception - the girls had friends over to play and it was all going well.

Until one of their friends came to find me.
She looked upset, and asked to speak to me 'in private'.
I braced myself for a tale of woe about being left out of a game or name calling.

I took her to the kitchen, where she quietly said that sadly one of our guinea pigs had died.
She looked like she was about to burst into tears as she revealed that on her way to the toilet she had popped in to say hello to the guinea pigs, and that was when she noticed that one of them was dead.
I told her I was sure they were fine, but she was adamant - Ruby was laying totally still in the cage and not moving at all.
Ruby was dead.

I tried to reassure her, and we went over to the cage so she could show me poor dead Ruby.
And this is the sight I was greeted with.

View attachment 55684

Let's just say that a small rustling of a plastic bag and Ruby was instantly revived, and our small house guest was deeply relieved (although possibly also traumatised for life).

Ahh guinea pigs - never a dull moment.

This is so funny.
Probably one of the most entertaining guinea pig things i've seen in my life

Back