• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Saying Good Bye To Blodwen

NatalieW

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I used to be a member of this forum ages ago but forgot my details so I have set up a new account, my three guinea pigs are all around 6 years old.
I've been away for a week with my dad looking after my pigs, been back about three days, and I noticed something wasn't right with Blodwen, She can hardly stand up and keeps falling over to the side, and she is all puffed up and her eyes are half closed, and she has lost a lot of weight too.
Took her to the vet today, the vet said it looks like Blodwen has had a stroke, but because she can't really walk at all it doesn't look like she will get any better. The vet said the kindest thing to do would have her PTS, but that I can take her back tomorrow.
So I have taken Blodwen home, I have to go to work now and I am really upset. I just wanted to write this somewhere where other people might understand. I'm going with my mum tomorrow to the vet. But now I have to go and be all cheery at work cos I work in customer service, and I have been crying all morning so its going to be hard :(

I am sorry for your loss, I know it is hard but you are doing the right things putting her needs before you own. PTS is the last act of love we can often do for our little ones. I would urge you to get her there sooner if she deteriorates, is she eating at the moment? I am so sorry you are going through this sending love to your little piggy

I so sorry you are going through this upsetting time, PTS is a tough decision to make but shows what a caring piggy hooman you are and you have their needs firmly implanted in your heart. Massive hugs Natalie :hug: xx

Hi, I used to be a member of this forum ages ago but forgot my details so I have set up a new account, my three guinea pigs are all around 6 years old.
I've been away for a week with my dad looking after my pigs, been back about three days, and I noticed something wasn't right with Blodwen, She can hardly stand up and keeps falling over to the side, and she is all puffed up and her eyes are half closed, and she has lost a lot of weight too.
Took her to the vet today, the vet said it looks like Blodwen has had a stroke, but because she can't really walk at all it doesn't look like she will get any better. The vet said the kindest thing to do would have her PTS, but that I can take her back tomorrow.
So I have taken Blodwen home, I have to go to work now and I am really upset. I just wanted to write this somewhere where other people might understand. I'm going with my mum tomorrow to the vet. But now I have to go and be all cheery at work cos I work in customer service, and I have been crying all morning so its going to be hard :(
Aww I’m really sorry, it is very hard PTS guineas or any animal. They are adorable animals and six is a good age so you must have look after her very well. The older they get I think their personality is so lovely, they become so relaxed and happy with their routine that they’ve known for years and they love their owner very much. I came back on here after a break as I had my last guinea PTS in May, I miss her every day and when I go past her cross in the garden I look and say hi Rubles, mad I know it’s my way of dealing with losing her. Hope you keep posting and have a good cry it does feel better.

Oh I’m so sorry that you are having to go through this. My Maisie ha d a stroke last month and I had to go to the Vets and have her PTS. It is a dreadful thing to have to do but they are so kind while treating them. My vet gave her cuddles while doing the procedure. It must have been really hard going to work knowing you’ve this ahead of you but it is for the best for her.
Always someone on the Forum who understands the loss you are suffering and. Blodwen will meet our piggies at the Rainbow Bridge. Xx

Hello. Oh my heart goes out to you. What a horrible time for you and your piggie.
Blodwen is very very poorly and what you are doing is very BRAVE.. . No one wants to lose a piggie in any circumstances and we humans have to make this decision sometimes.
What you can do is send him ( hope I right) to Rainbow World in a strong way. Take him to vets in a fav item and tell him through a strong voice that you love him and thank him for every brilliant day you had. Also he's going to a great place where one day you will meet again.
It be your voice and your smell that make his final moments for him.
We all here on this forum use us pls and take care.
Bolden to you pal. Be brave for mummy she's only upset cos she loves you. x

Aww I’m really sorry, it is very hard PTS guineas or any animal. They are adorable animals and six is a good age so you must have look after her very well. The older they get I think their personality is so lovely, they become so relaxed and happy with their routine that they’ve known for years and they love their owner very much. I came back on here after a break as I had my last guinea PTS in May, I miss her every day and when I go past her cross in the garden I look and say hi Rubles, mad I know it’s my way of dealing with losing her. Hope you keep posting and have a good cry it does feel better.
I have a few darling little pigs and rabbits in the garden and I do too stop to say Hello and that I miss them. x

Thank you every one for your kind responses. Just got back from work, I have been feeding her dandelion leaves, she is still eating and seeming to enjoy the food so I don't think she is suffering too much, just sad knowing what is to come tomorrow :(

I am sorry for your loss, I know it is hard but you are doing the right things putting her needs before you own. PTS is the last act of love we can often do for our little ones. I would urge you to get her there sooner if she deteriorates, is she eating at the moment? I am so sorry you are going through this sending love to your little piggy

She is eating and seems to still be enjoying her food, she doesn't seem to be in any pain, just very lethargic and not really able to walk.

I woke up this morning to find that Blodwen had died in the night.
Thank you all for your support. My parents are coming over later and my mum can take her back to their house and bury her next to my childhood guinea pigs :(

IMG_3102.JPG
Goodbye Blodwen Pig I will miss you :'(

Aww I’m so sorry , upset even typing, she’s so beautiful hope you are ok I know you won’t be but just wanted to say sorry for your loss x

So sorry for your loss. Beautiful Blodwen. :luv:. She can popcorn free over the rainbow bridge & there will be lots of other piggies there to look after her :luv: x

I'm so sorry. :( It's so hard to have to say goodbye. It sounds as though you gave her a wonderful life, right up until her last evening snuggling with you and then passing peacefully at home. Many ((HUGS)) to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Back