• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Should I Get Her Companion Now?

Jennybug89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So my little Rosie is ill, with ringworm (we think) at the moment. I'm treating her and she's due back to the vet in three weeks. Before this came about I had intended on getting her a little friend. The cage is already on its way. So I'm wondering once the cage comes should I get the new arrival, and essentially quarantine them both for about three weeks in separate cages then once they're both okay after pop them in together?! Also do they have to be quarantined in desperate rooms? I live in an apartment so I don't really have the space to do that. Thanks!

Y
Tha

Thanks, I've read through this alright. Though I can't see the pics. Actually I can't see a lot of pics of this site for some reason! I'll hang on a bit longer
older threads photos were linked to off photo bucket and unfortunately they are charging for their services so links are broken. Newer threads are unaffected as people just upload direct to us now, the forum us run on donations so luckily we raise enough for better, bigger hosting.

Y

older threads photos were linked to off photo bucket and unfortunately they are charging for their services so links are broken. Newer threads are unaffected as people just upload direct to us now, the forum us run on donations so luckily we raise enough for better, bigger hosting.
Okay that makes sense! I've seen enough ringworm pics online now anyway to last a lifetime :vom:

Yes, I fully understand that. What are you treating them with?
Okay that makes sense! I've seen enough ringworm pics online now anyway to last a lifetime :vom:

Yes, I fully understand that. What are you treating them with?
I only have one. I'm treating the bald door with a solution that the vet gave me, I've no idea what it is. It's a milky colour and a watery texture. And I'm buying Nizoral today to bathe her

Do you know the name of the solution. How big is the patch of ringworm?

How often do you have to apply it?

If your not seeing improvement in a week I would go back to the vets. Sending her lots of healing vibes, what is her name again?

If your not seeing improvement in a week I would go back to the vets. Sending her lots of healing vibes, what is her name again?
It seems less red and not quite as scabby, and she had her bath there and is now bopping around the cage. I'm keeping an eye on it. The vet said regards to come back after three weeks anyway. Her name is Rosie :D healing vibes gladly accepted! Drowned piggy to fluff ball!

IMG_20170905_132434.jpg

IMG_20170905_135912.jpg

Back