• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sick?

kkzeus

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My girl Patty is bleeding out of her butt, off and on. She is 5 and she hasn't been acting herself recently. Shes eating less, Shes been sleeping more, and she has crust around her eyes. I've also noticed that parts of the bottom of her feet are a little red. Idk what to do, shes old. Also I don't have much money to take her to the vet. Any advice?

Hi there , she realy do's need to see a vet as soon as you can get her to one
!
If you live in the United Kingdom then the PDSA will treat her free of charge!
If you live in another country then post the country and town and l will try and find the equivalent sevice were you live! As most countries run a similar service

@kkzeus 5 isn't young but it definitely doesn't mean your pig won't live for much longer.

Signs of blood always means a vet visit is needed. We would go to the doctor if we were bleeding.

It could be a sign of an infection, or a bladder stone or a reproductive issue.

As she is not acting herself, eating less and looking poorly that means she is ill and could possibly be in pain.

Please find the means to go to a vet. Like Gizzy mentions there is the PDSA in the UK for people on low income and vets will allow you to pay with a credit card.

Do please try and take her to the Vets. As @Jaycey has already mentioned if she's off her food then she isn't well.

The advice given above is absolutely right and you know in your own heart that a vet is required.

Part of being a responsible owner is making the decision to seek advice and help when required, which you have done here but we aren't vets and only a real vet who can handle her will see what is going on. Your lovely piggy will be in pain and discomfort so please ask a friend or family member to help you financially.

Do come back and let us know how your piggy is doing.

Thanks guys, I did book an appointment for tomorrow. I'll tell you how shes doing after that

ha i don't mean a credit card, i mean say you're vet bill comes to £100 will they let you pay 25 a month, then it won't be too bad on your mum and dad.

Maybe say to your mum and dad that if you don't take the piggie to the vet it could be in a lot of pain, and piggies hide their pain very well for it to be showing signs it could be very serious.
I am sure they would rather have a happy daughter than a very upset daughter. I'm not saying bribe your mum and dad here, by the way, but at 14 you can't be expected to pay. I'm sure your mum and dad will understand maybe ask them to take piggie to the vets as an early christmas present. I am sure you would rather your piggie be checked by a pet now than have a new toy at christmas but still have your piggie

ha i don't mean a credit card, i mean say you're vet bill comes to £100 will they let you pay 25 a month, then it won't be too bad on your mum and dad.

Maybe say to your mum and dad that if you don't take the piggie to the vet it could be in a lot of pain, and piggies hide their pain very well for it to be showing signs it could be very serious.
I am sure they would rather have a happy daughter than a very upset daughter. I'm not saying bribe your mum and dad here, by the way, but at 14 you can't be expected to pay. I'm sure your mum and dad will understand maybe ask them to take piggie to the vets as an early christmas present. I am sure you would rather your piggie be checked by a pet now than have a new toy at christmas but still have your piggie
I have to pay they are my pigs they belong to me not my parents plus my whole family doesnt have that much right now, however i do have $100 to spend on them for the vet. Thats it.

I have to pay they are my pigs they belong to me not my parents plus my whole family doesnt have that much right now, however i do have $100 to spend on them for the vet. Thats it.
Ok so what you going to do if your vet bill is more? Maybe when you ring explain that's all you have.
Yes they are you're pets when it comes to looking after them feeding cleaning etc. But at 14 even with pocket money, and odd jobs you may find it a struggle of your piggie required ongoing care.
But anyway good luck and hope it works out for you

So I brought her to the vet and they are pretty sure she has a stone in her bladder, as I don't have money I'm giving her pain meds for a week.... Then loosing her. thanks for all the support

I have to say well done you for saving that money for her but as you are minor your parents are responsible for that animal even if you are the "owner". As @Scooby& Shaggy mentioned, some vets allow you to pay In installments which would make things much easier if the bill were a little high. I actually feel sad that your parents seem unwilling to help with this, would they at least be willing to cover anything over the $100 mark set by you?

Are there any animal charities setup in your country that assist people with vet bills who otherwise could no afford it?

@kkzeus If it is a bladder stone and your parents won't pay for the surgery I would opt to have her euthanised now. She will be in terrible pain as the standard pain relief will not help much.

Your only other option is to surrender her immediately to a rescue who will get the surgery done and then rehome her.

Please don't give up on her!
Surrender her to a rescue who may be able to afford to have the surgery done for her!

Please do take her to a rescue! They will pay for the treatment and then rehome her if she makes it. I know it's sad to say goodbye but at least she will stand a chance of living if you take her to a rescue.

Back