• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sneezing?

asian piggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Everyday, I hear these little puffs of air coming from my piggie Ace (as if he’s blowing his nose!) I’m not too sure if it’s sneezing, but I presume so. Tonight when I refilled their hay rack, Ace rushed to it and started munching but shortly after, started sneezing. About 4-6 in a row! Ace will occasionally sneeze about 2-4 times a day, and I don’t think anything of it. I researched possible URI symptoms, but Acey is breathing perfectly, he isn’t lethargic and is eating and drinking to his delight! I’m not quite sure if I should check this out, and if it’s that serious so any advice would be welcome! Thank you!

It could just be that he has dust from the hay in his nose but it is always wise to get checked out if you’re concerned about him

Everyday, I hear these little puffs of air coming from my piggie Ace (as if he’s blowing his nose!) I’m not too sure if it’s sneezing, but I presume so. Tonight when I refilled their hay rack, Ace rushed to it and started munching but shortly after, started sneezing. About 4-6 in a row! Ace will occasionally sneeze about 2-4 times a day, and I don’t think anything of it. I researched possible URI symptoms, but Acey is breathing perfectly, he isn’t lethargic and is eating and drinking to his delight! I’m not quite sure if I should check this out, and if it’s that serious so any advice would be welcome! Thank you!

I would recommend to check a potential URI link out, but it looks more like a hay dust sensitivity.
It might be good to try different varieties of dust extracted hay to see which one he gets on best with.

I would recommend to check a potential URI link out, but it looks more like a hay dust sensitivity.
It might be good to try different varieties of dust extracted hay to see which one he gets on best with.

Thank you, I’m on the Pets @ Home hay right now, which hay do you use or recommend?

Thank you, I’m on the Pets @ Home hay right now, which hay do you use or recommend?

I would recommend to open a thread in our food section as I am not up to date on which dust extracted hay providers are currently the best. I get my own hay locally via an independent pet shop.
There are several online UK hay providers which are used by forum members.

Back