• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Think I may have to split my piggies up.

Can’t offer any help as I have no herd experience however my boys have to live separately. It’s not ideal cage size wise but Chunk attacked Reggie so it just wasn’t safe to leave them together. In hindsight (we were new piggie owners) there was a LOT of chattering and Reggie did take himself off upstairs to sleep out the way. Whatever decision you make will be in their best interests, fingers crossed they all settle whatever you decide 🤞🏻😊

It sounds like you've done everything you can, but if they're not getting along then they're not getting along. Hope the change goes smoothly.

It sounds like you've done everything you can, but if they're not getting along then they're not getting along. Hope the change goes smoothly.
Thanks. Dennis seemed a bit brighter this morning. It'll take a while for him to realise that Christian isn't constantly chasing him and he can relax now.

When I went to give the piggies their dinner of veg and put the snugglesafes in, Dennis was obviously much happier. His eyes were brighter and he was more alert than he has been in a few weeks. :) It was obvious now that he was unhappy.

Well done @Betsy for spotting the signs. Hope that Dennis will now flourish without the threat of Christian in his space.

I'm sorry it has come to this Jackie,but you have made the correct decision if Dennis seems brighter.a very hard decision for you.:hug:

I'm glad Denis is happy now. I am sure you have done the right thing. It realy upset me when I had to seperate Caspy and Red but Caspy perked up as soon as he realised Red couldn't get to him through the barrier. He's such a confident little piggy now, it all worked out in the end.

It was a heart wrenching thing to do to split my piggies but now I'm so glad I did. Dennis is a much happier boy now without his bully of a brother around and last night when I went out a veg time, Dennis was actually POPCORNING! :) I've not seen him do that in a long while.

Christian is happier too without being on constant guard that Dennis will steal his ladies. He always got on better with Velvet and Meg than Betsy anyway. There is so much less tension than there was before. But I didn't notice it as it was so gradual then when there is none it was obvious it was there if that makes sense.

I am so glad that you have a happy Dennis again. Piggies can be very subtle and sly in their behaviour, especially when it comes to bullying. Unless you can observe them 24 hours a day you can only look for obvious signs of an issue. When the subtle signs became apparent you acted and have clearly done the right thing. Well done x

I am so glad that you have a happy Dennis again. Piggies can be very subtle and sly in their behaviour, especially when it comes to bullying. Unless you can observe them 24 hours a day you can only look for obvious signs of an issue. When the subtle signs became apparent you acted and have clearly done the right thing. Well done x
Thanks Vicki.

It was heartbreaking when i had to split my two male gerbils up because one almost killed the othet. Now they are the healthiest happiest looking ive seen them😁. But they shouldnt be kept alone😣. Its working out though.

Glad Dennis is ok

So pleased the split has worked out well for them all, sounds like it was definitely the right thing to do. Hopefully all calm for you and the piggies now :)

Glad everything is going better now, and that they’re all happier x

Aw, it sounds like it’s been the best thing for everyone x you can sleep sound now too x

I've only just seen this, but so pleased you followed your gut instinct and noticed the signs they were showing you. Really glad Dennis seems happier, that must be such a huge relief.

Back