• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dental Tim - Dental Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread to chart Tim's progress over the next few weeks.

Tim has lost about 100g over the course of a month and on Friday I noticed that he was struggling to chew properly. A friend who helps me with any issues with my pigs asked me on Saturday if his incisors were slanted and they were. You can just about see this in the photo below. Anyway, by that time it was too late to get him to Simon so a dental was done locally and it was identified that there was an issue with one of his pre-molars and so this was clipped and filed and his incisors were burred. He came home a lot more comfortable and was able to eat much better. However he is using his paw when he eats anything leafy and so for peace of mind he is off to see Simon tomorrow to make sure there are no issues further back. He is managing to eat plenty, just very slowly. His poos are normal size. He feels ok in himself, is still leaping about, rumbling and humping poor Sophie's head.

I will update again tomorrow.

20150718_102151.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea why the photo is there twice, I had it as full size and now it's shrunk.

Fingers firmly crossed - at least you know that Tim is in good hands!

PS: I have sorted your picture.

Oh wow, she's doing brilliantly, must make it all so worthwhile.

Tim has seen Simon and his teeth were overgrown on the lower left arcade which apparently is the molars. He also smoothed the incisors a bit more as they were sharp. He thinks something a few weeks ago made him stop chewing on that side but can't say what. There is no sign of an abscess at the moment but he can't rule it out in the future. Am now on tenterhooks until I see him as they won't get home until about 8.

Aw bless. Fingers firmly he perks up soon and that you get to see Tim soon and cuddle him. Waiting is always the hardest part...but once he is home it will all be worth it ((hugs)) x

Poor you! At least now you know where you stand and that you can get Tim seen again if necessary.

Yes got home earlier than expected. He is bright in himself and has eaten hay, a couple of pellets, 1 bit of celery and some kale. No poos yet though and none in carrier and there were loads yesterday. Can see he still needs to get used to his mouth bless him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back