• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tiny bold spot

KseiaVoy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I have been a happy guinea pig mom for a little over a month. I have two 7 months old boars, healthy and active who are in their dominance establisment phase and quarrel a little from time to time but no actual fighting as far as I observed.
Here is the picture
Today I noticed that one of them has a tiniest bald spot on his nose, and I can not figure out what it is. There is no damage to the skin under it and he does not appear to be in pain when I touch it. I am worried this could be something health related, but I also think this could be a little consequence of the quarreling.
I would really be grateful for advice and any help in identifying what this spot could be.

Hello, I have been a happy guinea pig mom for a little over a month. I have two 7 months old boars, healthy and active who are in their dominance establisment phase and quarrel a little from time to time but no actual fighting as far as I observed.
Here is the picture
Today I noticed that one of them has a tiniest bald spot on his nose, and I can not figure out what it is. There is no damage to the skin under it and he does not appear to be in pain when I touch it. I am worried this could be something health related, but I also think this could be a little consequence of the quarreling.
I would really be grateful for advice and any help in identifying what this spot could be.

Hi!

It rather looks like something has got stuck in the fur (my guess is a spot of 'boar glue', i.e. dried semen fluid) and that has been ripped off with the hairs attached. It is a classic spot for boar glue and your boys are currently at their life long testosterone high when they are also producing plenty of semen fluid, which they tend to get on the nose or everywhere...
Boar Care: Bits, Bums & Baths

See a vet for a potential fungal skin infection in the more unlikely case that the bald area grows quickly and develops a white crust on the surface.
Ringworm: Hygiene And Pictures

Back