• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Trying something new for Steve

Jesse's pigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I was scrolling through buying hay for the boys when I came across this (there are a few others as well- one that helps with bladder/kidney problems, general well-being and also dental pain).

I’ve never heard of it before but at this stage willing to try anything for Steve’s reoccurring bloat. I feel a bit bad keep dosing him up with emeprid every time. I have asked my vet what they think before buying a box (should arrive tomorrow) and they’ve checked the ingredients and said no harm can come of using it or at least giving it a go. I am obviously not going to give it in large quantities or anything, but I’ll see if it improves his conditions in anyway. Perhaps it’ll be a little miracle worker?

Attachments

• D49F4FB2-4624-4935-95E3-2D2874F2B410.png
    D49F4FB2-4624-4935-95E3-2D2874F2B410.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 5
So I was scrolling through buying hay for the boys when I came across this (there are a few others as well- one that helps with bladder/kidney problems, general well-being and also dental pain).

I’ve never heard of it before but at this stage willing to try anything for Steve’s reoccurring bloat. I feel a bit bad keep dosing him up with emeprid every time. I have asked my vet what they think before buying a box (should arrive tomorrow) and they’ve checked the ingredients and said no harm can come of using it or at least giving it a go. I am obviously not going to give it in large quantities or anything, but I’ll see if it improves his conditions in anyway. Perhaps it’ll be a little miracle worker?

Good luck! Fennel is a well known soothing ingredient and has been long used in human herbal teas and in natural baby colic products. The tradition of herbal teas as a natural support is more common on the Continent than the UK. It is however not a healer on its own and cannot necessarily replace any medication. If your vet is OK with you trying it, then there is no issue why not.

Good luck! Fennel is a well known soothing ingredient and has been long used in human herbal teas and in natural baby colic products. The tradition of herbal teas as a natural support is more common on the Continent than the UK. It is however not a healer on its own and cannot necessarily replace any medication. If your vet is OK with you trying it, then there is no issue why not.
I’m glad you agree! Yeah my vet said usually they wouldn’t advise anything that was medicine as usually they have no benefits but in cases like bloat etc and with guineapigs/rabbits sometimes natural is better than medicines and usually tolerated better so to try it but just watch for diarrhoea.

Knowing Steve he probably won’t even drink it as he seems to want to avoid anything that is good for him😂. He is actually having his teeth trimmed tomorrow to so he is gonna be one bloody sulky boy.

Back