• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Unofficial Pigture Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WafflesCupcakes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
For fun, I've decided to hold a little picture contest for your pigs! All you have to do is enter your best pigture and tell me a bit about your pig! I will judge the best one on January 5th, and the winner will get a sketch of their winning pig (I'm a bit of an artist :D)

Here is an example...
*Picture Your Entering*
Pig Name: Lucky
Breed: American
About *Pigs Name*: Lucky loves carrots, and is defiantly the boss of my 3.

(If this 'contest' is against the rules, please feel free to delete it!)

For fun, I've decided to hold a little picture contest for your pigs! All you have to do is enter your best pigture and tell me a bit about your pig! I will judge the best one on January 5th, and the winner will get a sketch of their winning pig (I'm a bit of an artist :D)

Here is an example...
*Picture Your Entering*
Pig Name: Lucky
About *Pigs Name*: Lucky loves carrots, and is defiantly the boss of my 3.

(If this 'contest' is against the rules, please feel free to delete it!)
I'd better get taking some pictures later lol

@WafflesCupcakes This is a fab idea! and very generous of you to offer

Would you mind if I promote it with a banner at top of forum?

Pig name: Daisy
Breed: American I think
About Daisy: Daisy is a very wriggly little piglet who will only allow you to cuddle you on her terms. Those terms being that you must provide snacks of celery or cucumber and not be surprisef when her kisses turn into a little nibble of your nose. She also loves bossing around her sister Dora who is in the background of this picture.

IMG_20161230_190015_281.jpg

Pig name: Panda
Breed: unknown
About Panda: Panda came here from the North Devon Animal Ambulance, in September 2012, with his friend Pedro. Sadly Pedro passed away last February and after a period of mourning Panda went to Little Pip's to make some new friends. He now has two wifey-pigs and has a lovely time with them. Panda has survived two bladder surgeries in the past 18 months, and at the beginning of December the vet said she could feel a mass in his abdomen. We do not know how much longer we will have with Panda, but he has surprised us all by still being here for Christmas so I am not giving up hope just yet.
Panda is so named because of his eye-patches :). His favourite foods are tomatoes and fresh grass :)
DSCF4304_zpsyc71hlob.jpg

Pig name : Titan
Breed : himilayan
About tian : Titan is my once in a life time piggy , not only is he confident , cute and friendly he will lie on you for hour being stroked and he'll fall asleep in my arms . He will come to my feet and squeak if I have food . Another fun fact is that if he's warm or he's been lying next to the radiator his ears go a dark black but if he's cooler (like in the summer) his ears go a grey! He's got a smudgy nose and little black ears to match. He's done wonders for my confidence and anxiety as before I couldn't leave the house and now as they need stuff I'll venture into town.

IMG_0837.JPG

Pig name: Clove (also known as Little Baby and The Sacred Fluffy)
Breed: slightly long haired
About Clove: Clove is our oldest piggie and she's the boss. She's very accepting of new piggies that join the herd. She has to be the first one to try out anything new in the cage and she loves her creature comforts. Clove must always have a pillow and she won't move easily once she has found her spot. She purrs very loudly when she is stroked and knows how to communicate with just a look...she waits until the spinach arrives before eating and will let me know if I have forgotten something or wants a grape by just coming forward and looking at me. She sits on the ledge in the cage, her look out post, when she knows it's food time.

P1020535 cropped.JPG

Pig name: Peter
About Peter: Peter came through the Guinea Pig Forum after several failed attempts at bonding him with another male as he was too soft. He was neutered and has lived happily with a group of females for all his life. He is a gentle giant and loves cuddles but is also a big girls blouse and will squeal when he knows he is going to get his nails clipped.
537375_10152753394590437_2016742438_n.jpg

Name: Bramble
Breed: Texel
About Bramble: One of Brambles favorite things is biting, I'm convinced shes actually part wolverine, or maybe honey badger.. cant decide lol in spite of that shes been remarkably well behaved during quite a nasty infection which has meant syringe feeding and medicating around the clock, shes proving to be quite indestructable! Her most favorite thing in the world however, are blackberries, which she loves almost as much as her sister (coincidentally also called Blackberry) who you can always find her snuggled up with.

FB_IMG_1472586799117.jpg

Amazing! Thank you for doing something like this!
Can anyone enter? I have no longer pigs since my sweet boy Teddy crossed the Rainbow Bridge the past January, but if it's allowed I would like to participate with a picture of him!

Name; Nutmeg
Breed: Ridge-back/abby
About: Nutmeg is a quiet little madam who has the highest wheeks when food/hay/treats are on their way to their home. She's got the sweetest little face with her floppily-dopily ears that twitch every now and again as she snoozes.
IMG_0146.JPG

Name: George
Breed: Fat and round
About George: Along with his brother Fred (the big white but in the photo), George came to me four years ago through P@H adoption. He is the most gorgeous laid back piggy I've ever known. His hay poke and subsequent eye removal 3 years ago hasn't phased him one bit and he is one of the pigs that I regularly take out and about with me, and he's always very well behaved!
He likes to stick his tongue up my nose at every opportunity. :D
George.jpg

IMG_0109.JPG

Pig Name: William
Breed: not 100% sure but most likely ridgeback/abyssinian crossbreed
About William: William is the BBP - Big Boss Pig - of the house . Enjoys rumblestrutting at any given opportunity, especially when his brother Angus gets in his personal space. Loves curly kale, literally goes crazy for it. Hates being picked up and won't hesitate to sink his little teeth in if you do pick him up. Quite curious, he won't run away when people approach the cage and lets strangers pet him. Also very bold - if he was in the wild and a predator tried to eat him, he would try to fight it off and he definitely doesn't display typical prey animal behaviour very often. He greets me when I get home from work by standing at the edge of the C&C, poking his nose through the grids and wheeking.

Names: Hadley (left) and Sundae (right.)
Ages: In this picture last summer, Hadley is about 18 months and Sundae is 6 years.
A bit about them: Sundae is a real trooper, she has been through a lot of medical issues with her bladder and her teeth but has still lived to a ripe old age! She also has cataracts, which you can actually see slightly in the picture.
Hadley is just a real sweetheart... beautiful markings, I love her black nose and pink lower lip! She's a lap pig... she flops on our laps head first. It's very cute!
13653050_10157209509260557_3491076369525990677_o.jpg

Pig Name: Gwen
About *Gwen*: Gwen is my heart pig, which means she is the pig that has stole my heart completely. We adopted her 4 weeks ago from the pets at home adoption section after her previous family gave her up. She is the sweetest girl you could think of and loves nothing more than curling up during lap time and having a good snuggle. She is the boss of her herd, but also the momma to her adopted daughters who all follow her around like lost sheep. She certainly has her diva sign though, letting you know when its treat time, veg time or chin rub time!

15665458_10157858889915363_5581208045429601370_n.jpg

Pig Name: Teddy
Breed: Abyssinian (although he maybe was a mix. He had pretty long hair in the bottom!)
About Teddy: He had quite a character, he was really dominant but still was the sweetest boy ever. During floor time he liked to go to the living room (he was in my bedroom), at first he didn't have enough confidence to just go, but as I saw he was interested I went before him and then he followed me. That's how he learnt how to move around in the house. He would follow me without a doubt.
Another thing that I really liked about him and made me smile a lot was that he rarely wheeked, he just sat above his tunnel and looked at me, waiting for veggies, treats... depending on the hour it was! He was just so so smart.
And he was an engine! He would purr A LOT when being stroked!

erzlMRx.jpg

IMG_0279.JPG Pig's names: Rey (on the left), BB-8 and Chewie.
Breed: not the foggiest! All sisters apparently. Chewie has Aby style fur but BB-8 and Rey are both shorthaired, though Rey's is a little longer.
About: rescue sisters. They don't much like being handled but are getting quite good at the nail clipping lark. Chewie will let you stoke her in the cage as long as food is present. Rey sometime let's you stroke her and BB will only let you stroke her on the cheek/shoulder. They all love zooming round my dining room and hurdling the chair leg bars!

Piggy: Wilbur
Breed: golden dalmatian smooth haired
About Wilbur: I've nominated Wilbur as he is not longer with us & stole a huge part of my heart when he passed. He was the noisiest and most nosey pig you could ever meet! Favourite food was grapes. He was such a stunning pig I couldn't not enter him.FB_IMG_1459667108761.jpg

Pig Name: Bellatrix Lestrange.
Breed: Short haired.
About: Commonly known as the troll under the bridge, this pig will defend her bridge with her life. Kicking piggies out of any bridge she deems to be hers (which is all of them). She is a fleece burrower, finger nibbler, squeak maker. She's grumpy to the younger pigs and most of all she's a real mummy's girl!

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back