• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Update On Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnwgranny

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't remember what I posted and what I didn't.
Eli has emergency surgery on his teeth instead of having to wait til next week. He had stopped eating and drinking water.
My vet said bring him in on Thursday and they syringe fed him critical care during the night and did his procedure yesterday and he came home yesterday afternoon.
He had a pain injection right before he came home and was very quiet in his carrier riding home. My husband kept talking to him and he made a few small sounds.
As soon as we got into our apt. Eli starting making more noise and became more alive. The smells were more familiar to him.
He slept most of the night and this morning started drinking water with out drooling it all down his front body and we have bene giving him small amts of his fav foods all day.
He is doing good and it is simply going to take time before our boy i back to 100%.

Make sure you top him up with syringe food if he's not eating as much as he normally would.

So glad that he has come through the op ok and is on the mend.

Thanks for the update. Sounds very promising. Are you managing giving him syringe feed top ups ok? It can be tricky if he isn't used to it, but he sounds to be doing well. Here is the link to our thread all about syringe feeding Complete Syringe Feeding Guide
Eli is lucky to have such dedicated slaves to look after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back