• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

URGENT GUINEA PIG DYING

Cornerstone is closed. opens 9am. I have to start work at 4am. Does work allow people to take time off work to look after pets.
Once again, try calling that number and about your work.... try explaining to them that Messi means a lot to you and that you really need to take him to the vet as a emergency

Can you remember what it was that the vet put on him? Knowing what it was would help to work out what's wrong and maybe find something to help Messi

They never told what it was and it doesn't say on the receipt

Try calling that number it’s the Jubilee one and seems to be perfect for your piggie

Lisburn Veterinary Clinic
From the website:
“If your pet becomes unwell during the day or night, we are always on hand to help. We provide our own on-site 24-hour emergency service in County Antrim”
Have you tried phoning them?

I wish I never brought Messi with me. I only took him for a check up as you could bring him for no extra charge. As usual they try to sell you stuff you don't. Pathetic to be honest.

I wish I never brought Messi with me. I only took him for a check up as you could bring him for no extra charge. As usual they try to sell you stuff you don't. Pathetic to be honest.

If your piggy had dry skin the vet will only have been trying to provide a solution for it; mites and lice can and do cause dry flaky skin in guinea pigs.
I’m sure they were only trying to help :)

I know Ireland is short of vets generally & especially cavy savvy ones so you're up against it.
Can u try googling other vets near you?
Keep him warm & comfortable, talk to him softly & reassure him, if he's close to his buddy then let them be together to comfort each other.
He sounds quite poorly bless him.
Sorry I have no advice or experience of your situation. But thinking of you at this difficult time.I hope you can find a decent vet that's open.
It's possible as others have said it could be stress or a reaction to the treatment, but it's not your fault & don't feel bad for taking him to the vet you were doing all the right things
Big hug xx

Ok I will do that now. Could the car journey be fatal to him in his current state?

To be honest he is very very poorly so I think it’s worth trying the car journey anyway x

Ok I will do that now. Could the car journey be fatal to him in his current state?
My lot don't take much notice of car journeys. Make sure he's warm enough & draught free. Take some hay with him to keep him warm & to eat if needed xx

Back