• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Water Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic to post this in! I recently adopted another guinea pig, he's around 2 or 3 years old. Unlike my first piggie, he drinks from the water bottle by putting his entire mouth around it. I'm not sure if this is cause for concern, I was thinking he may choke himself doing this? Just wondering if this was normal behaviour or if I should use a bowl of water just in case.

Thank you!

All 4 of mine have different drinking methods, but Ruby seems to put half the bottle spout in her mouth, so I think this is normal.
As long as they are drinking then it shouldn't be a problem.

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic to post this in! I recently adopted another guinea pig, he's around 2 or 3 years old. Unlike my first piggie, he drinks from the water bottle by putting his entire mouth around it. I'm not sure if this is cause for concern, I was thinking he may choke himself doing this? Just wondering if this was normal behaviour or if I should use a bowl of water just in case.

Thank you!

It is fine. Each piggy has a different style of drinking. In order to release a small amount of water, a guinea pig has to push back the ball with its tongue; they can't choke, but they have to figure out a way to make that work themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back