• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What's This On My Guinea Pigs Ear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

am02theinternet

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have had my piggies for about a month and a half now. They're both about 1 year old. My Abyssinian piggy Chary has a scaly, scabbed wound on his left ear and I am worried about what it could be and how it got there. Any ideas what it could be?

IMG_3184.JPG

Firstly welcome to the Forum.
You will get lots of great advice here.

It looks like it might possibly be fungal.
I would take him and his cage mate along to a vet and have it checked out.
If it is just one small sore then it should be fairly easy to treat, but the sooner you get it seen the easier it will be.
We are currently dealing with a fungal infection on one of our pigs and it has responded really well to a twice daily application of a special cream.

Good luck with it, and please let us know how you get on.

I agree that it could likely be fungal. Please see a vet for a proper diagnosis. With the right treatment it should be fairly easy to get on top of.

Thank you, I'm looking to get at an appointment within the next 2 days. It doesn't seem to be hurting him he just doesn't like his ears being touched but apart from that he isn't too bothered which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back