• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

When To Use A Snuggle Safe Heat Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnie Pigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hi,

I was wondering at what temperature at night people start to use their heat pads? I have read through lots of threads but can't see a temperature that people start to use it by?

My piggies are in an outside hutch in a sheltered part of the garden and will be throughout winter. They have a scratch and Newton hutch hugger and wind/waterproof cover. I will also use a fleece blanket to cover the front of the hutch under the cover.

I don't want to use the pads too early so it makes little difference when the cold really does start.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I was thinking the same. I want mine to benefit during the winter months...

I've got a thermal cover that goes outside the hutch and run with some thermal liner inside.
This month I will put a duvet on it as well.

Just bought a snuggle pad i might use it start of November.

I was thinking the same. I want mine to benefit during the winter months...

I've got a thermal cover that goes outside the hutch and run with some thermal liner inside.
This month I will put a duvet on it as well.

Just bought a snuggle pad i might use it start of November.

Is your thermal liner on the inside handmade?

Yep thermal on the inside on the walls and roof with some plastic on top so my piggies don't nibble at it. They also have carpet under some thick plastic x

I have one and it cools down in about 6 hours
best leave the last heat up as late as possibal

Newbie question!

With the heat pads in the hutch, do you just put them in the hutch in the hay or a certain area? I am thinking of getting some for my piggies this winter.

Yes, just put them in an aria they do not wee ,
Perhaps they will lern to lay on them .

Yes, just put them in an aria they do not wee ,
Perhaps they will lern to lay on them .

Thanks, presumably they are washable too? I will try my best to put them in the most suitable area!

I think I will put mine in their sleeping area under a puppy pad and hay and see how that goes. I may even make a few covers myself and change them each day instead of the puppy pads. Trial and error until the piggies show which they would prefer!

i'm going to put mine under some thin perspex (2mm) so the heat will travel through the plastic so all three can benefit from the warmth.

I have a pygmy hedgehog and she love the snuggle pad so i hope py guinea pigs do to. Indoors the snuggle pad stays warm for over 10 hours. So i resume as @gizzy states about 6 hours do to atmosphere x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back