Where Is A Map Of Rescues?

Have you witnessed a positive change in demeanor in a single pig changed to a pair of piggies?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never seen

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AandA

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm the new (less than a week) mom of the sweetest little 3-4 mos. (petco) male but contrary to what petco's "expert" said I now read he needs a piggy friend and not just me & my son's attention. The petco attendant said he had another male in his cage for a bit and he tolerated him but he hadn't had a cage mate since and he's been fine. I read that rescues can see who he'd be compatibile with. Please direct me to a map of piggie rescues or tell me of any in Utah or even SW Wyoming or southern Idaho. He just wants to sleep in his plastic purple house most of the time. Even when I hold him he just curls up under my sweater, closes his eyes and sleeps. Depressed? He talks to me when I pet him behind his ears, he shivers sometimes when I hold him (couldn't find a straight answer whether this is happiness, cold, annoyed, or scared). Any help is appreciated

IMG_7215.webp

Our rescue locator shows forum approved rescues in the UK ... will post link in case anyone in UK picks this thread up via title ..

Guinea Pig Rescue Centre Locator

This is a link for rescues in other countries ...

Guinea Lynx :: Rescue Organizations

We have a member called Wiebke who has knowledge of rescues outside the UK . I am sure Wiebke will see this thread soon.

Our rescue locator shows forum approved rescues in the UK ... will post link in case anyone in UK picks this thread up via title ..

Guinea Pig Rescue Centre Locator

This is a link for rescues in other countries ...

Guinea Lynx :: Rescue Organizations

We have a member called Wiebke who has knowledge of rescues outside the UK . I am sure Wiebke will see this thread soon.

Thank you. Any advice on if I've got a depressed piggie or just a piggie getting used to his new home?

Thank you. Any advice on if I've got a depressed piggie or just a piggie getting used to his new home?

Hi! You usually only notice the difference when see your guinea pig suddenly really coming alive in the company of others, but it is really striking. Any young guinea pig is generally desperate for the company of others of its kind.
Companionship

There are no recommended no kill high standard guinea pig rescues listed for your state, but here is a link that lists shelters, which may have guinea pigs: Guinea Pig Rescue Shelters in Utah - Online Guinea Pig Care

If you rehome from a rescue without a mandatory quarantine, you will need to conduct one yourself upon arrival. Double checking the sex and a vet check may also be recommended to prevent issues down the line. Also double check your own guinea pig first to make sure that you have got the correct gender; mis-sexing is sadly not at all uncommon.
Importance Of Quarantine
Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig
Recommended piggy savvy vets in Utah: Guinea Lynx Records :: Topic - Veterinarians: Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back