White piggy Turninh Black?

BexRoeSmith82

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Just asking for a bit of advise really..... never had a white piggy before, but our boy, Mike, is all white..... recently (since the loss of his brother - maybe coincidence) his fur has started to change and get darker. Is this normal? Or should I be concerned at all? TIA. Becky x

Attachments

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How old is the piggy?
As guineas mature some piggies for cam darken as darker hairs grow. Depends on the genes.

I would not expect their to be a link between one piggies passing and this. I am sorry for your loss

BexRoeSmith82

New Born Pup
Reaction score
How old is the piggy?
As guineas mature some piggies for cam darken as darker hairs grow. Depends on the genes.

I would not expect their to be a link between one piggies passing and this. I am sorry for your loss
He’s 3 years old. So may be an age thing, we’ve never had a white piggy so never knew this could happen. As long as it’s nothing to worry about that’s all that matters!
Thank you! :)

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Just asking for a bit of advise really..... never had a white piggy before, but our boy, Mike, is all white..... recently (since the loss of his brother - maybe coincidence) his fur has started to change and get darker. Is this normal? Or should I be concerned at all? TIA. Becky x
He’s a very handsome chap x

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Piggies can change colour as they age, our Blodwen who was just white and lilac has grown a lot of carroty ginger patches over the past year, and Piggle who is part himalayan goes from blonde and white to having a dark foot and dark ears every so often!
I think there was a thread somewhere on here about colour changes, maybe someone can link it in? But I think your piggy is fine and very handsome, I dont think we ever heard about illness causing a coat colour change x

BexRoeSmith82

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. We did think it may just be “natural” change. But glad you’ve put my mind at rest as wasn’t 100% sure!