COVID-19 Who's had the vaccine?

Sweet Potato

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our school found out yesterday that because we work with vulnerable children we all qualify to get the vaccine as soon as possible. I'm booked in for mine on Friday! I can't wait! I know it doesn't mean instant freedom because it takes time to become immune and we don't know if we'll still be able to spread it but it feels like a light at the end of the tunnel. And it's sparked a lot of positivity this week.

My sister in law has had hers as a student nurse and my grandma has had hers which feels like such a relief knowing that they're safe.

Who else has had the vaccine or is booked in for one?

Freya1234

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I will probably be one of the last to have mine, but my dad has his soon as he is a key worker

Tara95

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm glad you have all had the vaccine :) @Sweet Potato,I work in a school too and we were all really glad that we were told we would have a vaccine but we recently received the news that we're not having one now. Found this online also. Glad you've got yours booked! Screenshot_20210120-194052.png

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I'm glad you have had hour vaccines. @Sweet Potato,I work in a school too and we were all really glad that we were told we would have a vaccine but we recently received the news that we're not having one now. Found this online also. Glad you've got yours booked! View attachment 164891
I also work in a school and we received that email as well @Tara95.

Tara95

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
She's 87 and on oxygen at the moment. She's in a care home where most of the residents and a lot of the staff have it.
I'm really sorry, it must be so worrying. Try and stay strong and positive, it's really good that she's been given oxygen treatment so soon giving her the best chance of recovery. I'm sure she'll pull through xx

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thank you.
I feel so bad for the staff, they have fought so hard to keep COVID out of the home. I've not seen Mum since last January as they would only allow one designated family member to wave through the window. My sister lives much closer than me so it was best she was the one to do it.

Tara95

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you.
I feel so bad for the staff, they have fought so hard to keep COVID out of the home. I've not seen Mum since last January as they would only allow one designated family member to wave through the window. My sister lives much closer than me so it was best she was the one to do it.
I'm sorry you haven't seen your mum for such a long time. It's a horrible situation for everyone. Keep us updated on how she's doing and take care of yourself xx

Tigermoth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm glad you have all had the vaccine :) @Sweet Potato,I work in a school too and we were all really glad that we were told we would have a vaccine but we recently received the news that we're not having one now. Found this online also. Glad you've got yours booked! View attachment 164891
My husband got this too.
(I should have said, I’m a midwife so got one due to being nhs).

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Being a "younger one" (I'm 39), I won't be having mine anytime soon. Hubby is 54 but classed as vulnerable (autoimmune disease) but he isn't expecting for his turn yet. Wales is taking the vaccine rollout sooooooo slow. Can't really understand their reasoning for it to be honest.

Hubby's parents (who live in Liverpool) had their first dose Friday last week. His aunt and uncle (who live in Wirral) had their 2nd dose last week as well I think.

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I don't know anyone who's had it yet. My mum's 90 and housebound so I hope she will hear soon. I have to pop round every morning to help her With a few things and worry I might give it to her.
It's good to hear some people on here or their loved ones have received theirs :)
I heard that the old bods who are housebound can only have the jab that doesn't have to be stored at -70 because of the trouble with transporting it at such a low temperature.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I am way down on the list being 47 but I am pleased the programme is being rolled out to people who are vulnerable etc....

Tara95

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am way down on the list being 47 but I am pleased the programme is being rolled out to people who are vulnerable etc....
I agree. When I first heard I was getting the jab (at work) I just felt guilty as I'm young, heathy with no underlying conditions, plus I've already had the virus and recoverd.. I wouldn't feel right if I had it over some 70 something person. I do feel bad for others at work though he need it more then me (as it was cancelled a day or so ago)