• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Who's had the vaccine?

@Siikibam We've not heard anything other than she is on oxygen. We left it that the home would ring my sister with any news and she would ring me. We don't want to ring the home as they are very short staffed and a lot of the residents are ill. It must be a nightmare for the staff as the residents are all isolating in their rooms. Thank you for asking.

My sister just rang me. The lovely people at the home are doing all they can to keep Mum comfortable. Mum is still on oxygen and struggling to breath. It's very surreal not being able to go and see her.

My sister just rang me. The lovely people at the home are doing all they can to keep Mum comfortable. Mum is still on oxygen and struggling to breath. It's very surreal not being able to go and see her.
So sorry about your poor Mum, I hope she can fight the virus x A little old lady was on the news the other day of late 90’s who had contracted the virus and won through x

Sending you a virtual hug .. must be so hard xx

I heard that the old bods who are housebound can only have the jab that doesn't have to be stored at -70 because of the trouble with transporting it at such a low temperature.
That's right. They will be starting to vaccinate the over 80s where I live from thursday. According to the local radio most of the vaccine being delivered here is the -70 storage one so I don't know when the Oxford one will be available for home visits. A lot of people move here when they retire so the population is top heavy, I expect there are quite a few who are housebound and having to wait. Obviously within every age group someone has to be last but it is a worry.

I did my first shift as a vaccination steward today... bit of a shock getting up at 6.30am..... it was all very organised... everyone was so nice and all the people who were vaccinated were very greatful... back again tomorrow!

I have been told I'm in Tier 6, and they're currently vaccinating Tier 4's here. however, I'm on immunosuppression and the consultant has advised waiting to have it until more is known about it's long-term effects, so I won't be getting mine just yet.

I had the virus early November and was very lucky to have only had mild symptoms. Oddly my partner didn't catch it/tested negative. It is such an odd, devastating virus.

Back