• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Who's had the vaccine?

Well, I had my first vaccine on Jan 19th. Second booked for next week.

Tested positive on asymptomatic swabbing today. I’m gutted.

Well, I had my first vaccine on Jan 19th. Second booked for next week.

Tested positive on asymptomatic swabbing today. I’m gutted.
So sorry to hear this.
Was the swabbing PCR or Lateral flow?
I know the LF tests do throw up false positives.
At my daughter's school 4 kids tested positive with LF and were later cleared after a PCR test (taken on the same day).

So sorry to hear this.
Was the swabbing PCR or Lateral flow?
I know the LF tests do throw up false positives.
At my daughter's school 4 kids tested positive with LF and were later cleared after a PCR test (taken on the same day).
Unfortunately it was pcr.

Had my first dose today. I'm very relieved as I had to delay having it for awhile as I had Covid. I'm feeling horrible which is common apparently if you have had Covid but it will be short-lived and I'm glad I have reduced my chances of having it again. Phew!

Unfortunately it was pcr.
I think PCR can also throw up false positives... do they re-test on request?
It's a massive faff to isolate but if it's genuine, on the plus side it looks like you don't get bad symptoms with the actual disease. Have you got your Easter eggs in?!

I think PCR can also throw up false positives... do they re-test on request?
It's a massive faff to isolate but if it's genuine, on the plus side it looks like you don't get bad symptoms with the actual disease. Have you got your Easter eggs in?!
No, they won't retest.

Kids have Easter eggs. Husband has an egg. For the nth year running noone has got me one 😭 woe is me.

I'm getting better thank you. Antibiotics are working, still a few headaches but certainly a lot better. You never realise how unwell you are until you're feeling better!
Pleased you're getting better Lil it's not nice feeling really unwell.

That's so true - and sometimes things creep up and you just don't realise until you get properly poorly and then properly better. My old mum is prone to chest infections and bladder infections (which apparently come with age... something to look forward to!) and sometimes she gets one or the other and doesn't know which in the early stages but realises something is wrong because she just wants to go to back to bed for no reason. It's only after the antibiotics that she says, "it must have been creeping up for a week or more!" I feel really grateful for antibiotics - I can't imagine life without them.

Kids have Easter eggs. Husband has an egg. For the nth year running noone has got me one 😭 woe is me.
I took a 'results-based' approach. I bought my own Mini-Eggs egg and when I got home showed hubs and said, "This is mine - you owe me £1.50"
but I did it with a smile! 😁

Just had a call from my GP that I can get my Covid vaccine today at 1pm! :yahoo: They must have had extra dosages that can give away coz I'm not supposed to get them yet, I'm 39 and no health problems. I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to get it. 😁
Just had the vaccine! 💉👍 Turns out our GP is ahead in their sched of vaccination and already started vaccinating the 18 and above ages, hence I got a call today. 👍

Back