• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why they get hay-pokes

Guineapigfeet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just had a new 10kg of HayBox Club meadow hay delivered. I topped up the girls’ hay tray and this happened:

44506D3E-8680-4957-B53B-6885CB23F951.jpeg

It’s not just a hay tray, it’s a hay tray with three pigs hiding in it! I’ve never ‘seen’ them all in it together like this!

My boys love thier hay box hay. Lol 😂

Haybox hay is great, especially the meadow hay is Ollie pig's favourite to make a nest and disappear in! My main herd prefer a shorter strand though so they can see each other and chat at haytime. So we get Haybox meadow and timothy, plus Pillow Wad meadow and Science Selective timothy, every month to keep all the fussy little buggers happy :)

Haybox hay is great, especially the meadow hay is Ollie pig's favourite to make a nest and disappear in! My main herd prefer a shorter strand though so they can see each other and chat at haytime. So we get Haybox meadow and timothy, plus Pillow Wad meadow and Science Selective timothy, every month to keep all the fussy little buggers happy :)

They also have a shorter strand meadow hay too from NaturesOwn Pets. I used to use Pillow Wad but I found that it varied massively depending on which field it was cut from (I don’t know if it’s the same still, but they used to stamp the field it was harvested from onto the bag, but it did mean there wasn’t really any consistency unless you could find the right field stamp!) and my pigs didn’t like some of them, typically the ones that I found most commonly in the shop!

Back