• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

MeganSambrook

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello! We are due to treat little Bobby with his second ivermectin treatment on Wednesday. Our vet told us to put all of the treatment onto his neck, but being a big boy he has a lot of treatment and ends up very wet! The packaging says to put the treatment down his spine as well but I am reluctant to follow any advice other than from the vets mouth (very anxious guineapig mum here 😂).
Where do you guys put the treatment, were we correct in just putting on neck/behind ears? He does have some wounds on his back from an attack at his previous home which we would need to avoid.
Many thanks

When my boys were treated for lice, the vet put the drops generally around their neck. How many pipettes do you have to put on him?

Xeno 50 is the weaker strength for piggies under 1200g so you often end up, with several pipettes worth. I’m afraid they often do look very wet/greasy but it’s important to put it round the neck area so that they don’t groom it straight off again. If you put it down his spine he will be able to reach round and groom it off again!

Xeno 50 is the weaker strength for piggies under 1200g so you often end up, with several pipettes worth. I’m afraid they often do look very wet/greasy but it’s important to put it round the neck area so that they don’t groom it straight off again. If you put it down his spine he will be able to reach round and groom it off again!
When I was using it recently (Xeno 450 with big ‘uns and the 50 with Cleo) with my gang I applied it to the back of the head and top of their neck etc with several drops (how I do cat’s flea drops), not down the whole spine as the instructions said. But Luigi and Aliona still managed to groom some off and with Jasper’s fuzz it was difficult to get it in without it slopping around so he could also have a bit of a groom :doh:Should I have just applied the whole thing in one area? I found it dripped around a bit the larger the ‘splodge’ so a few drops with each pipette worked better? Just so I know (although I hope won’t have to use again anytime soon!)! Thanks! :)
21E81D15-B1EA-4436-B0E4-89C0F15A08D0.jpeg

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit @MeganSambrook!

Thank you - we will just put around his neck. We had to put 5 on him
Hope all goes well and you shift them! :) I had four to treat, three times, not much fun but thankfully looks like it’s worked! 🤞 They’ve all looked like little punks after each treatment bless them!

The aim is to get it on the skin where they are less able to groom it off (that’s what my vets told me) - I have always put it on in small drops around the top of the head, neck, behind the ears etc. With 5 pipettes that is a lot of splodges, I know. And they do end up looking soaked.

The aim is to get it on the skin where they are less able to groom it off (that’s what my vets told me) - I have always put it on in small drops around the top of the head, neck, behind the ears etc. With 5 pipettes that is a lot of splodges, I know. And they do end up looking soaked.
Thanks @VickiA, I did have to do a big splodge on little Cleo’s crest as that was where I could see the horrible lice crawling around! :eek: But I avoided bald patch behind ears, no idea why, probably would’ve been easier with 3 pipettes to get it on without running everywhere! :doh:
Far easier with flea drops on fatty catties I can sit on than these mini-monsters! :))

Thanks @VickiA, I did have to do a big splodge on little Cleo’s crest as that was where I could see the horrible lice crawling around! :eek: But I avoided bald patch behind ears, no idea why, probably would’ve been easier with 3 pipettes to get it on without running everywhere! :doh:
Far easier with flea drops on fatty catties I can sit on than these mini-monsters! :))

I’ve also used the centre of the crest as an easy access skin point for putting Xeno!

Back