• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

[australia] C&c Cage Grids- Where To Find Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiSixx9

New Born Pup
Hi there! I live in Australia and I've recently decided I might get back into being a guinea pig owner. (I recently moved from America and had a guinea pig there.)

Anyways, I've realized it's not nearly as easy to find guinea pig supplies here in Australia especially C&C cage materials.

I know there's Guinea Pigs Australia where I can purchase pieces and even full cage sets, but it's super out of my price range. I read somewhere that you can DIY a C&C cage with those wire cube storage sets and some coroplast, but I can't even find those storage cubes anywhere in Australia.

My question is; are there any of you who live in Australia and know where I could find something that'll cost less than $60aud?

Kylie80

Forum Donator 2017/18
Yes Australia is bad for obtaining anything piggy related. Occasionally ebay will have C&C cage items but I have only come across them really on Guinea Pigs Australia and they never sell anything cheap unfortunately. I don't have a C&C cage set up myself but I did look into it for a while but just don't have the room. Sorry i'm not very helpful :(

Swissgreys

Forum Buddy
OK, after looking at the Guinea Pigs Australia website I m never going to complain about the price of piggy stuff in Switzerland again!
So a C&C will be pretty expensive, but if you look at this thread here you will see a lot of ideas for home made indoor cages.

Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages

A lot of people have something similar to a C&C which they make by using a metal play pen. There is a good example on the first page of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.