• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bathing Temperature Advice Please

Piggies2023

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I need to bathe my guinea pigs in imaverol due to ringworm. But I'm unsure of what temperature the water should be please? The internet says test it with your elbow to check it's not too warm or too cold. But what's too warm or too cold please? I don't want to overheat them or freeze them.

I need to bathe my guinea pigs in imaverol due to ringworm. But I'm unsure of what temperature the water should be please? The internet says test it with your elbow to check it's not too warm or too cold. But what's too warm or too cold please? I don't want to overheat them or freeze them.

Hi!

The water should feel warm and comfy but not hot against your inner elbow or wrist. If you need an absolute temperature range, google for baby bath temperatures; we use the same range.

Thank you! I appreciate that. I didn't want to cause harm to them.

Back