• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Black Scab Around Nostril

Fi8891

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My boy Noodle has recently developed a black scab-like patch around his nostril. He’s had a small black spot there for a long time, but it didn’t suggest any cause for concern. Recently (within the last week) he’s got this big scabby area. It doesn’t appear to be ringworm as the rest of his coat etc is normal. Any ideas?

424512DC-1C3F-40E8-BD1B-D1A24A560589.jpeg

Never seen anything like this before. I would take him to the vet to put your mind at rest.

i agree with @Betsy ,it is best to get it checked out.it could be fungal despite not seeing any other lesions on the body .it usually starts on the face and head area first.i cannot diagnose with a picture,only a professional can advise in person :)

It would still be ringworm/fungal however it's impossible for us to diagnose a condition over the internet (neither are we allowed to). He will need to see a vet for correct diagnosis and treatment

Back