• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

annachristina_piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Last week I noticed that my 2 year old boar has a red tint to his urine which I can only assume was blood. I've booked him a vet appointment this evening however last night I was checking him and noticed his urine was clear again. Should I still take him to the vets? I don't want to have to put him through unnecessary stress and medication if it isn't needed.
Keen to hear everyone's thoughts!
Anna x

I would still take him to the vets for a check up, just to make sure everything is definitely OK.

Hi there, if it were my pig l would take him to a vet !hopefully he has passed the stone but better safe than sorry

Yes best to get it checked, urine can appear red sometimes depending on what they have eaten. A test of the urine and a quick examination should give you an answer

we did a urine test and no traces of blood! I am now just keeping an eye to see if any visible blood returns to his urine.
However, now i've noticed he has a bald patch with really flaky skin - so back to the vet we go! He had ringworm earlier in the year and I don't think it's that - so it may be mites?

Back