• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Boar Issues And Shed Conversion..

kayles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my boars are not the best of friends at the moment. They are currently separated for fear they may cause some serious damage. They are in a 5ft double hutch at the moment in the shed. I want to give them more space but wanted your ideas and input?
I am going to give them half of my 6x8ft shed.. so they will have the full width of 6ft by about 3/4ft long..
their current hutch I was intending to put against the back wall and have a wooden hidey house out on the floor with plenty of things to entertain them..
I was going to line the floor with vinyl to protect the shed floor!

Either that or have a c&c type cage off the floor with a ramp down so they have full access to the floor space?
Any tips and suggestions would be wonderful, I’m hoping I can get my boys back together with even more space and hope they can reconcile their differences

I think more space is the way to go. Either option would work. Maybe move them inside so you can monitor them better? Worst case, you might have to create a cage divider.

I think more space is the way to go. Either option would work. Maybe move them inside so you can monitor them better? Worst case, you might have to create a cage divider.
My boyfriend won’t allow them in the house.. they were bought to be outside/in the shed. I’ve found a second hand 5x2 c and c cage for £20! Which should hopefully stop one of my boys escaping from his current set up!?

The shed set up with them in their own separate space will work, they will still have company but can't fight. ;)

The shed set up with them in their own separate space will work, they will still have company but can't fight. ;)
Yeah, going to spend my Saturday sorting it all out for them and extending the space available to both of them, hoping they will be happier with more running space. Haven’t seen my boys jump about or popcorn around since they’ve moved apart

Once they can see and smell each other, they'll start chattering again.

Back