C&c Cage Extension - Sharing/ Finding Big Pieces Of Corex (1420 X 2500mm) Around Cambridge Area?

BigBird

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get single sheet corex that's 1420 x 2500mm, or, is anyone around Cambridge thinking of making a C&C extension/new piggie house, and fancy going shares?

Basically, I'm planning to expand my boys' indoor enclose over xmas. My C&C cage is 6x2 grid squares and I'd like to make it 6x3 in parts and make a loft. For this I'll need a piece of corex 1420 x 2500mm. However most places only sell pieces 2440 x 1220mm at most.

The very friendly man at the sign shop did some calling around and can get in 4mm thick 3050 x 1525mm. Only problem is they are sold in packs of 5 and they will not sell him a single sheet. So this would cost £75.00. plus vat and give me rather an excessive amount of corex!

Whilst I have long-term plans for building a guinea pig castle, this will mean we don't have space to live so my partner slightly against it right now :( Does anybody else fancy going shares and doing an xmas guinea pig building project?! :)

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Switzerland and would happily buy a correx sheet if you can find out a way to ship it at a reasonable cost - the last quote I got was 12 pounds for correx and 189 pounds for shipping :yikes:

But more realistically you could do what I ended up doing (because as I mentioned above we don't get correx here).
Buy the regular stuff, and duct tape the various pieces together.
Undernath the liners my C&C is a mass of various pieces of correx all cobbled together like a giant jigsaw puzzle.
It is held in place by heavy duty duct tape and this works well - maybe this will be a cheaper solution for you?

BigBird

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I live in Switzerland and would happily buy a correx sheet if you can find out a way to ship it at a reasonable cost - the last quote I got was 12 pounds for correx and 189 pounds for shipping :yikes:

But more realistically you could do what I ended up doing (because as I mentioned above we don't get correx here).
Buy the regular stuff, and duct tape the various pieces together.
Undernath the liners my C&C is a mass of various pieces of correx all cobbled together like a giant jigsaw puzzle.
It is held in place by heavy duty duct tape and this works well - maybe this will be a cheaper solution for you?
Yeah I thought about that, was worried about leakage :eek: I guess the duct tape should be fine though. I had a quick look at shipping. If I do end up finding a way for it to be cost effective to buy the corex then I'm happy to post it if you like? I tried www.parcelmonkey.co.uk but it said the package was too long for a standard service, would it still be useful if I cut the sheet in half? If you can find shipping you're happy with, I don't mind sending it :) Will see if I get it first I guess.. Will keep you posted :)

guinea_pig_gal

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get single sheet corex that's 1420 x 2500mm, or, is anyone around Cambridge thinking of making a C&C extension/new piggie house, and fancy going shares?

Basically, I'm planning to expand my boys' indoor enclose over xmas. My C&C cage is 6x2 grid squares and I'd like to make it 6x3 in parts and make a loft. For this I'll need a piece of corex 1420 x 2500mm. However most places only sell pieces 2440 x 1220mm at most.

The very friendly man at the sign shop did some calling around and can get in 4mm thick 3050 x 1525mm. Only problem is they are sold in packs of 5 and they will not sell him a single sheet. So this would cost £75.00. plus vat and give me rather an excessive amount of corex!

Whilst I have long-term plans for building a guinea pig castle, this will mean we don't have space to live so my partner slightly against it right now :( Does anybody else fancy going shares and doing an xmas guinea pig building project?! :)
Hi,
Can't believe I've found somebody in the same position as I've spent ages looking online, emailing sign writers in my area, and visiting all the DIY stores! I've built a 3x3 cage, so need 1420 x 1420mm Correx. I'm in Dartford, but do occasionally go to Cambridge services as I transport rescue dogs there sometimes. Or maybe we could meet half way? I've only got a small car, so it would need to be cut to fit in my Suzuki Alto! Lol

guinea_pig_gal

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
Can't believe I've found somebody in the same position as I've spent ages looking online, emailing sign writers in my area, and visiting all the DIY stores! I've built a 3x3 cage, so need 1420 x 1420mm Correx. I'm in Dartford, but do occasionally go to Cambridge services as I transport rescue dogs there sometimes. Or maybe we could meet half way? I've only got a small car, so it would need to be cut to fit in my Suzuki Alto! Lol
Sorry, but having worked out the cost and petrol, it's still quite expensive.
I think a previous post where getting two standard size sheets and taping them is probably the best option.