• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&C Cage Help

newpiggyowerr

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm about to start making a C&C cage for my two boars. I'm planning on using these grids to make an L shaped cage which will be 6 grids long, 2 grids wide on one end, and 4 grids wide on the other end.

SONGMICS 9 Cubes Metal Wire Storage Rack, Interlocking Shelving Unit with Metal Wire Shelves and PP Plastic Sheets for Book Shoes Toys Clothes Tools, in Living Room Bathroom 93 x 31 x 93 cm LPI115W: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

I use fleece bedding so was not planning on using proplex on the base, however I'm worried they might be able to get their heads through the holes in the grids. As an alternative, could I use a fleece blanket pegged up on the sides to stop them getting stuck. Or, am i worrying about nothing and they'd be fine with just the grids?

tia

What are you putting on the bottom of the cage? Even with fleece you will still need a base...

I thought the recommendation is the grids need to be made up of 9 squares per grid, or you are right, the pigs could get stuck. I’m going cross eyed but they look like fewer squares than that.

You definitely want to be looking for grids that are 9x9. I used THESE when I built my first C&C and they worked really well.

Thanks all! I have ended up buying a few sheets of proplex which I’m going to put right up the grids, and then clip fleece over the top so it’s a bit softer/nicer for them! I use lined fleece bedding with a waterproof backing so hopefully this all goes well!

Back