• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&C Cage Safety!

Brooke4442

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I just built my piggies a whole new cage, but I worry that I've majorly screwed up. I have 7x7 hole grids and I've been told that that is unsafe. I can't exactly afford to build a whole other one right now and my grandparents would get extremely angry if I did. What can I do?

Also I hope this is the write place to post this. I'm very new.

I can use coroplast sheets to cover the holes till a certain length where your piggies would be safe or u could use cardboard sheets to cover the holes.

Hello!

Not fully sure on the logistics of holes that size, but zip tying cardboard over the grids shouldn’t be super difficult. Heck, even paper could work.

I’ve also heard of doubling the grids so they overlap each other a bit to creat smaller holes if you’d have some extra grids.

P
Hello!

Not fully sure on the logistics of holes that size, but zip tying cardboard over the grids shouldn’t be super difficult. Heck, even paper could work.

I’ve also heard of doubling the grids so they overlap each other a bit to creat smaller holes if you’d have some extra grids.
They can easily eat the paper away

7 hole grids are unsafe. Piggies can get their heads stuck in holes of that size. You will need to find something rigid to cover the bottom half of the grids to stop them - a safe type of wood plank maybe, as long as you can drill small holes through and perhaps cable tie it on to the grids so that it doesn’t fall in on the piggies. If you have used a Correx base then if you have some left you could put that up the edges. It needs to be something they won’t chew to destruction though - cardboard would work as a very temporary measure but they will chew it very quickly.

Back