Cage Levels

BenjiAndButtons

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all!

Please see the photos below if my explanation is too confusing. We bought a double cage (2 levels) with the intention of finding a new friend for benji (Black and white Guniea) after he lost his previous friend to Bloat, We bought Barney (White and ginger guinea) but he had case of ringworm when we got him, so after a month of treatment and isolation, they were ready for the big meet. It didnt go well, it turns out Benji is just very moody and doesn't like other piggies. Which leaves poor barney all by himself, longing for fun and a playmate.

As said we have a double cage, we removed the ramp and seal the hole up, to avoid Benji attacking Barney ( he has a previous record) we're considering finding barney a friend, so he and his new friend can play happily and Benji can be left to sulk in peace.

The cage diagram shows that a third layer can be added, has anyone out there ever added a third layer? Or know where a third layer can be purchased from?!

Thanks for your time :)IMG-20170901-WA0006.jpg IMG-20170901-WA0005.jpg 20151226_021323.jpg 20170818_144039.jpg

BlueVictorian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about Barney.

I don't know anything about that cage but I can say it is much better for them too have flat room than multiple levels. Those are great for hamsters and ferrets but not pigs. They need space to run laps and popcorn. Rather than buying another level you could look into C&C cages or other methods.