• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can my cage be too big?

ZenexPiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey there, I currently have 5 piggies who live in a 7x3 and I have plans on building a 25x10 (Moving in a few months and the new house has a living room that I am converting into a piggie room/my room. My bedroom is nextdoors so I am removing that wall so that they wont stop being used to having me around.

My question is if that it's too big and if they just will get lost in a cage that size?

Nothing wrong with them free roaming a whole room, provided it is safe. Piggies don’t like big open spaces though, so if you are going to go that big and give basically a whole room, then you will need to make sure there are absolutely loads of hides so they don’t feel too exposed.
It may be a case of see how they go with it
I’m curious though, how will you cover such a large area with bedding?

I plan on having a lot of tarpaulin in the bottom, then have 3 layers of towels then ontop have 2 layers of fleece (not full fleece liners, just thin fleece blankets) I work in the wood industry so all the hides are made by me so having a lot of them wont be hard.

Back