• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cleaning fleeces

rooandmaple

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Sure this is an obvious answer but I’m thinking about changing the bedding to fleece but I don’t know what detergent and everything to use as last time I tried it didn’t end too well 😬

You can use just a normal non bio laundry detergent

What happened last time for it to have not gone well?

I wash mine using Non Bio powder and white vinegar. Gets rid of all stains and smells.

Thankyou! What brand of powder do you recommend and why white vinegar? Isn’t that meant to have a strong smell?

I don’t think we used the right deterget

I think the detergent was too strong and they completely freaked out and they took a few days to get back to normal. Wouldn’t eat enough food either so we nearly had to take a trip to the vets, but they’re all good now

Vinegar helps with the smell I think. Remember it will be rinsed out sort of. I just use the same washing liquid I use for my clothes. The fairy is reserved for my youngest now who seems to have developed a sensitive skin to any other brand.

Was the soap very perfumes? You could always do a rinse afterwards if you’re worried. But it shouldn’t affect them like that. Could something have scared them?

Thanks and I’m not too sure. Everything was the same has it has always been but maybe it’s because we hand washed it as our washing machine was being replaced? I’m pretty sure it was something we did to the sleeping bag as I held one and put the sleeping bag near me and she tried to run away.

I just use a supermarket own non bio
Vinegar is also antibacterial and no it doesn’t leave a smell

I use Lidl's own brand non-bio washing liquied and pop white vinegar in the conditioner drawer. White vinegar not only helps with sanitising and getting rid of smells on the fleece it also helps to clean out your washing machine too. Remember to put fleeces in a horse wash bag to protect the washing machine from getting clogged up with hay.
A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding

I just use any type of detergent I have in the house, I also pop some white vinegar and capful of laundry cleanser in the softener drawer but always do an extra rinse cycle.

Back