• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Clicky breath and twitching, please help!

Lilli

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig has suddenly become very sluggish. She’s been hiding in her room all day, I decided to leave her alone but do my work next to the cage so I could check up on her. About 40 minutes ago her breath became heavier and I could hear a clicking sound. So I took out her room and had a look at her. Her eyes are a bit crusty, she ate a little bit, she keeps facing the corner, she seems tired but she’s been sleeping all day, and every now and again she does this twitchy hiccup motion and the clicking gets more frequent and louder. Also she has lost just a little bit of weight recently.

My guinea pig has suddenly become very sluggish. She’s been hiding in her room all day, I decided to leave her alone but do my work next to the cage so I could check up on her. About 40 minutes ago her breath became heavier and I could hear a clicking sound. So I took out her room and had a look at her. Her eyes are a bit crusty, she ate a little bit, she keeps facing the corner, she seems tired but she’s been sleeping all day, and every now and again she does this twitchy hiccup motion and the clicking gets more frequent and louder. Also she has lost just a little bit of weight recently.

Hi!

Which country are you in?

Please have her seen by a vet as soon as possible, ideally as an emergency; she may have pneumonia, which can in some cases come on very suddenly without any previous symptoms when it is caused by something else but bacteria.

Step in with feeding support and watering. The need to breathe comes before the need to drink and only thirdly the need to eat.
Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

Hi!

Which country are you in?

Please have her seen by a vet as soon as possible, ideally as an emergency.
I live in the UK. I’m going to continue monitoring her overnight and try to get her to the vet in the morning.

I live in the UK. I’m going to continue monitoring her overnight and try to get her to the vet in the morning.

Please have her seen asap by an out-of-hours vet as an emergency. It may be too late by tomorrow. I am very sorry for the bad news.
See my finished post above; I clicked on the post button before I had finished it.

Please get her seen by a vet as an emergency ASAP, she may be very seriously ill.

Back