• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Crusty Stuff On Edge Of Ear?

WheekWheekPigge

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forums so this is my first thread! Anyway, my guinea pig has a little bit of brown crusty stuff on his ear! I am always super paranoid about my piggies so this is really scary for me! Please help if you can!

image.jpg

Not sure what that is. Take your piggy to see your vet. There is a vet locater at the top of the page.

Please see a vet if in doubt. It is most likely not fungal (at least not ringworm, which is generally a white crust, but all we can do is speculate as much you do.

I agree that a vet should be the one to diagnose what that is. We would only be speculating.

Okay, I’ll try to get him to a vet soon! :3

An appointment during regular hours this week should suffice. You may find that it is just a bit of dry skin or a reaction to nibbling. But it requires a hand-on examination, which we certainly cannot provide. I wouldn't be worried too much anyway.

This may be either a skin disease or possibly dry skin get your guinea pig to the vet as soon as possible to find out for sure

An appointment during regular hours this week should suffice. You may find that it is just a bit of dry skin or a reaction to nibbling. But it requires a hand-on examination, which we certainly cannot provide. I wouldn't be worried too much anyway.
I just noticed something else on his ear, a little scratch do you think it’s connected?

Back