• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cyst Care

Moana

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!

I've recently encountered my first cyst with my guinea baby, Moana. She has never had problems (other than a gunky eye not too long ago, but it's all better).

She's a pretty fluffy guinea, being an abbey and all, so I didn't see or notice the cyst till today, and my initial reaction was to freak out. I did notice previous to this she seemed to have a very, very tiny scab maybe the size of a dot on her back near her rump, but didn't think much of it.

It looks pretty similar to the pictures, but dried out, and no gunk. Just a crater is left.

We are in the middle of relocating, and would prefer a home remedy.

IMG_20180326_090546_102.jpg

I found pics really similar to how it looked when I first found it a while back to today. The crater isn't that small, but it's similar aND not too far off. It looks pretty clean, a lot of pictures I saw looked horrible!

Screenshot_2018-03-27-23-22-41.png

Screenshot_2018-03-27-23-29-19.png

Unfortunately we cannot recommend home remedies on the forum at all. Nor are we in a position to diagnose over the internet. With any open wounds you need to be careful of subsequent infections brewing. We would strongly recommend a vet check for correct diagnosis, potential antibiotics and instructions on whether to do anything further

Back