• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Female guinea pig - thick white discharge and blood in urine ?

Hnrpiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m Building a new bed in my room so I took the guinea pigs out and decided to clean them out while doing so. I’ve emptied their wood shavings out and left them in their empty c&c cage ready to move it back into my room so I can put new wood shavings in.. that’s how I’ve been able to see the urine.
I picked this guinea pig up earlier and she had extremely thick, gooey, white discharge (possibly the boys semen as she has two baby boys) all over her bits. I just looked at the cage again and there’s orange/brown urine. I’ll attach a photo.
The thing is this guinea pig is a new mother and has three babies - two boys and a girl - and one of the boys started humping/mounting her so I separated him (they’re 2 and a half weeks old)
I don’t think she is swollen though. She seems physically fine. I’m watching her closely to see if it was definitely her.. and also to see if she seems in pain but I’m really worried. Any idea what it could be?

Attachments

• C82C039A-59B1-418E-8E8F-4494AE4576D4.jpeg
    C82C039A-59B1-418E-8E8F-4494AE4576D4.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 9
I would just take her to the vet. How much do the other boys weigh? If they’re 250g you need to separate them now else they can get mum and sister pregnant.
Contact the emergency vet and see if she can be checked today.

I would just take her to the vet. How much do the other boys weigh? If they’re 250g you need to separate them now else they can get mum and sister pregnant.
Contact the emergency vet and see if she can be checked today.
Both boys are around 180-190g - weighed yesterday. I’m going to contact the vets but she just did a normal wee and then when it combined with poop it turned that colour too.

I’m Building a new bed in my room so I took the guinea pigs out and decided to clean them out while doing so. I’ve emptied their wood shavings out and left them in their empty c&c cage ready to move it back into my room so I can put new wood shavings in.. that’s how I’ve been able to see the urine.
I picked this guinea pig up earlier and she had extremely thick, gooey, white discharge (possibly the boys semen as she has two baby boys) all over her bits. I just looked at the cage again and there’s orange/brown urine. I’ll attach a photo.
The thing is this guinea pig is a new mother and has three babies - two boys and a girl - and one of the boys started humping/mounting her so I separated him (they’re 2 and a half weeks old)
I don’t think she is swollen though. She seems physically fine. I’m watching her closely to see if it was definitely her.. and also to see if she seems in pain but I’m really worried. Any idea what it could be?

Hi!

I would recommend to have her vet checked tomorrow; she may be discharging a lot of calcium (which makes for milky pees) with some strong oxidisation.
Your boys are a bit young for discharging lots of boar glue yet, to be honest. That usually becomes an issue more in the teenage months.

Please be aware that sows come into season for the seconed time around 15-17 days after giving birth. This can wake up someof the more developed boars but it generally takes some days until they are fully going. Yours are not yet a problem and their weight is still in the averag band so they can stay on with mum for a few more days.

Back