Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenspppPets

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems it was a bit too good to be true. After about 3 weeks of my two boars getting along fine and dandy, tonight they have had a big ball-of-fur scrap in their play pen :no:
I've separated them to calm down for now. They share a hutch but it's 2 levels and they tend to take a level each, so I think I'll block off the levels tonight and try a buddy bath tomorrow. I think it's stemmed from the initial bonding, as Archie certainly asserted his dominance when they met but I think Otto has decided he wants to be top pig as he is he oldest and biggest. He's been chasing Archie round for over a week but it's come to nothing as Archie is younger and quicker. I've got my fingers crossed.

Any other advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I've got a job interview tomorrow and have been distracted from interview prep to prevent guinea pig war!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems it was a bit too good to be true. After about 3 weeks of my two boars getting along fine and dandy, tonight they have had a big ball-of-fur scrap in their play pen :no:
I've separated them to calm down for now. They share a hutch but it's 2 levels and they tend to take a level each, so I think I'll block off the levels tonight and try a buddy bath tomorrow. I think it's stemmed from the initial bonding, as Archie certainly asserted his dominance when they met but I think Otto has decided he wants to be top pig as he is he oldest and biggest. He's been chasing Archie round for over a week but it's come to nothing as Archie is younger and quicker. I've got my fingers crossed.

Any other advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I've got a job interview tomorrow and have been distracted from interview prep to prevent guinea pig war!
Just let them calm down for a day or two, but once they have hit the teenage hormones, it can be tough and go whether they go back together, unfortunately.
Boars: Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?
Introducing And Re-introducing Guinea Pigs
Dominance Behaviours In Guinea Pigs

Best of luck with your interview tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.