• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Chipmunks

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very boisterous guinea pig and he used to have a china bowl in his cage for his dry food and then another for his fresh food. However, he likes to tip the bowls up (inparticular his dry food bowl) and he flips them on to each other. I was cared he would crack of break the bowl so I bought a metal bowl to keep him safe but now the bowls are easier to flip because the are lighter.
Does anyone have any tips or product reccomendations for me as I want him safe.
Thanks in advance.

I use Beco bowls as they’re biodegradable and sustainably made, plus my pigs have not managed to tip it over yet! The way it’s shaped seems to give it an advantage. I can’t seem to find the small animal one on their website but I got mine in a shop, here’s the website but you might find it on amazon!

Beco Pets

However stay bowls are also very good apparently, I was going to get some before I found the Beco ones. I’m trying to be more eco friendly and as they’ve worked well I’m sticking with them! :)

We use a mixture of bowls here, but we also have a couple of bamboo cat bowls and these work well.
I find that using a larger bowl makes it harder to tip!

Personally I don't scatter feed pellets as they tend to get messy and mashed into the fleece liner, so we stick with bowls for those.
But we do use forage, fresh grass and veg for scatter feeding to encourage them to do a bit of work for their food.

I love them @Veggies Galore! But i couldnt get them at snoozies cosies. The only uk place i could find them was haypigs.

I love that they dont tip and they are a great way to measure the right amount. The pigs are complaining a bit as they think they should have more veg, but after benson passed away, with bladder sludge (which didnt cause his passing but contributed towards his discomfort) i am being more careful with veg.
The bowls seem expensive, and probably are since haypigs has the uk monopoly, but once bought they will last for ever. Unless accidently thrown out of course!

Mine are scatter fed pellets and all veg and hay goes in hayracks and hay trays.

30v12qg.jpg

on60o.jpg

i have staybowls,they are excellent on fleece bedding,but two piggies have managed to tip these.ive bought a two sided naturals pellet bowl from rosewoods,amazon uk.these are heavy,guinea pigs have not tipped these.

Back