• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Good Or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louspiggs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
ive had two boars for roughly a month and today i was sitting cross legged on the floor while they were out of the cage. one of my boys came onto my lap (i havent enticed him with anything) and he let me stroke him for about 5 minutes which is quite long for him as all he wants to do is run laps and popcorn everywhere. he started making a low vibrating sound on and off while i was touching him and i heard that this meant he was unhappy? but he could have left at any point like i wasnt holding him still. any answers as to whatthis noise meant would be appreciated!

ive had two boars for roughly a month and today i was sitting cross legged on the floor while they were out of the cage. one of my boys came onto my lap (i havent enticed him with anything) and he let me stroke him for about 5 minutes which is quite long for him as all he wants to do is run laps and popcorn everywhere. he started making a low vibrating sound on and off while i was touching him and i heard that this meant he was unhappy? but he could have left at any point like i wasnt holding him still. any answers as to whatthis noise meant would be appreciated!

Your boy is a very happy boy; guinea pigs can do a sound that is a bit like a cat purr - and you are a very happy owner!

They're hard to interpret, but being as he was choosing to be there and could have moved off at any point it sounds just as Wiebke says :) Sometimes they'll rumble and vibrate and head-but your hand out the way, and you know then they are irritated.... such a fine line with what they mean. I'm sure other piggies can tell the difference but I can't, and I have to go on their body language and general actions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back