• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Grieving brother

Ashleigh24

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had 2 brothers woody and buzz, they were 5 and both showing signs of old age. Unfortunately we lost Woody (he went very quickly dying of old age)
Buzz is doing ok, his survival instincts have kicked in, he's very quiet but i'm giving him attention daily etc. I know I should get him a mate as I'm not enough for him, but he's loosing weight and I don't think he's going to live for very much longer (however I can't be sure)
Please be kind I'm trying to doing my best by him and I love my piggies but any advice is welcome.
Equally if anyone has a single grieving boar please get in touch

Attachments

• IMG_20191020_141302_246.jpg
    IMG_20191020_141302_246.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1
I am sorry for your loss.
Have you had buzz vet checked for any medical reasons behind his weight loss. 5 is older but not old - some piggies live to 7, 8 years of age. You should step in with syringe feeding him to keep his weight up and have him seen by a vet.

Yes he's seen a vet (took them both) buzz was loosing weight first and it was him i was worried about just before woody passed away, she said he's ok overall just old, but not underweight, I've just noticed that he isn't as chunky as he used to be (he was rescue so 5 is only a rough estimation)

Back